Friday, September 11, 2009

Population Control

I was neutered Monday morning, hence this being a slow blog week.

Apparently, I should have experienced mild abdominal discomfort easily assuaged with paracetmol and ibuprofen. The first 24 hours I should have been uncomfortable, but back to normal by Day 5.

Yeah right.

Let's summarise my experience with 'OW!' and leave it at that.

I'm not sorry I had the op and I'm looking forward to test driving my newly sterilised bits....anon. Very anon.

In the meantime, I am taking it slow watching trashy television (of which there is a great deal) and reading trashy books (of which I have many).

May I just say the Great Ursus and his lovely, are fabulous people? I will be having words with the Powers that Be to ensure that there will be stars shining in the Heavens just for them.

8 comments:

  1. I bet it was a bloke who said that the first 24 hours would be uncomfortable. They just don't understand what its like.

    Well, not until they've seen you white as a sheet, curled up in a ball, sobbing and in a cold sweat praying for the sweet release of death. Then they start to get it!

    I hope you're feeling better soon, and here's to the test drive of your newly sterilised bits!

    Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The male version is just as painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beth ~ as fun as it would be to go on about blokes' perception of pain...I think it was just how the anaesethic and the op affected me. I do know women who were right as rain after the op. All of the staff who looked after me were women.

    dave ~ bless your heart. Having a vasectomy is painful, no two ways about it. A friend of mine partially described it as being hit in the nuts with a midget with a concrete helmet on the end of a demolition ball. He says he melted two bags of frozen peas in an hour.

    I'm not one to play Pain Top Trumps, but I don't think that was quite at this level.

    I had to be re-admitted for overnight care and some industrial strength painkillers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I told you about my kidney stones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of armed neutrality, but what you appear to be proposing is more akin to neutered carnality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dave ~ my ex-H had kidney stones when I was pregnant. He was rolling round the floor in agony, so yes, I think kidney stones are closer.

    cogidubnus ~ I think of it more like unfettered carnality. Or I will do, once my innards stop feeling like someone with a blunt stick gave everything a quick stir and a beating just to make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not been around the blogs recently so only just seen this. Hope you have made a full recovery by now and that the trashy tv hasn't done irreparable damage to your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sanddancer ~ good to see you about again. I have just been to see the pharmacist who has told me in no uncertain terms: no poking, squeezing, tugging or itching.

    I will be having words with my GP. I was supposed to be bouncing back in 5 days. This is Day 12, and I can't even muster the energy to bounce in my bed.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...