Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still Standing

It's a funny thing hitting rock bottom, once you get there it's quite comfortable and warm. There are no more expectations, no targets, nothing can be achieved so there's no point worrying. In this space it's possible to breathe.

Then stuff starts to happen, to fall into place. Things that I was struggling to do, got done with minimum of fuss and exertion. My energy levels are still rubbish, I still feel really tired, but not so ground down.

We're getting more busy at work as we gear up for the Christmas rush. Unfortunately, thanks to interest rates, housing prices, Northern Rock and the pending apocalypse, we just aren't busy enough. The New Management are pushing targets, targets, targets, but it's difficult to sell to people who aren't there. The people who do wander in are being crafty shoppers and are making price comparisons. How can an independent department store can compete in prices with the likes of Boots, Savers and Superdrug? We've got several offers on at the moment, but I'm not convinced it'll be enough.

Anyway, for those of you thinking of buying fragrance for loved ones this Christmas, look out for gift sets. They work out very good value for money, for £2 or £3 extra, there's usually a body product as well as the perfume in a flashy presentation box. And if you buy your fragrance from me, I'll even gift wrap it for you.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:49 pm

    Glad you are feeling better and making some progress...It's just so horrible that ground down and drowning feeling - but when you get there the only way is up.

    My mum always buys me a gift box for Xmas - not fragrance usually make up. I love them - it's the one pressie I always really look forward to because you never know what's in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NM ~ thank you honey. It's wretched feeling wretched, but like all things it passes. I'm not sure it's run it's course yet, but it's eased off a bit.

    Ooo...don't forget to let me know what you get this year, I'm a sucker for those pretty boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roses.. email me your address to my personal email hun, i have something i think will cheer you up..
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol .. Ive just read that !! oops it doesnt sound good does it..
    Its very clean and will make you smile for all the right reasons, you need a treat
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:05 pm

    I like the sound of the full set - especially if you gift wrap it for me...........!

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous ~ ha ha ha

    *slap*

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...