Friday, September 14, 2007

There is a God, and She is Good...

*Big Girlie Scream*

Right. Now I've got that out of the way, I'll behave with the decency and decorum you've all come to expect.

*Big Girlie Scream*

How chuffed was I when I went into work today and The Buyer gave us a copy of an e-mail saying the Miller Harris lady said those who had her training yesterday could have a fragrance of choice? Until I realised I would have to chose.

Eeek! Too much choice. Yesterday, I wore Geranium Bourbon and loved it to bits, it's floral without being sweet; sophisticated and not a scent to be worn lightly. I won't link the individual fragrances as I normally do, I've added a new section in my link lists and if you feel moved, you can visit the website. Today, I wore their Tangerine Vert. Fresh, vibrant and sweetly citrus. The only problem is that it's very moreish; I'm sure people thought I was mad, I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists. As I type this I'm sniffing them still.

Before I go any further, many thanks to Samantha for introducing me to a poverty-inducing, fabulous range of fragrances. Even more thanks for my amazing treat and for coming by and commenting. Please feel free to pop by and have a coffee any time.

This is also Alix's day. Her two years of hard work doing the MA in Digital Art (the one I'm about to start) has paid off and she has got a Distinction. We are so incredibly proud of her. So Big Up Alix! It's been an amazing summer for her marriage, now distinction and then off to London (boo hiss for the last one) to seek her fortune.

4 comments:

  1. Now I have to ask - were they real geraniums or just indoor pelargoniums, and was it bourbon or scotch? Did you really go round all day reeking of crushed cranesbill and whisky or is it some marketing persons idea of a good promotion?

    For that matter if tangerines are vert are they not somewhat unhealthy for you?

    Think I'll suggest to our marketing department that we ought to advertise a bus ride as "Transport of Delight" (apologies to Flanders and Swann) or "Eau Diesel" - At somewhat under £65 I wonder if it'll make the fares look cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:46 pm

    So what did you pick then? and how did you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cogidubnus ~ you're so cynical. Are you the sort of man who when taking his wife out for the evening just looks at her and goes:

    "What? I washed, changed my underwear. What more do you want?"

    ;-)

    When you're dealing with ingredients which are ounce for ounce, more expensive than gold, you begin to realise that £65 for a masterpiece of olfactory delights, is a bargain.

    NM ~ I think I'm going for the Geranium Bourbon. When I'm rich and famous then I'll have the Tangerine Vert as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was cynical? Nope afraid not...now suggesting I might take my wife out somewhere...that was cynical.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...