Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Why I don't need any more Perfume...

It's getting a bit silly. I've got on my dressing table -

Allure by Chanel
Addict 2 by Dior
Rush 2 by Gucci
Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier
Stella by Stella McCarteny
Rocks by Ralph Lauren
for her by Narcisso Rodriguez

so, it's not like I lack choice for scent. In fact, given that the shelf life of a perfume is generally 2 years unopened and 6 months once opened, there really isn't any way I can use up all I've got.

So tell me, why is it I'm beginning to look compare prices of fragrances to see whether it'll be cheaper for me to get some fragrance in duty free, rather than through work. Hermes have a new(ish) fragrance called Un Jardin en Mediterranee, catchy name don't you think? It's described as a walk through a dappled mediteranian garden, suitable for men and women. I think it's a fresh scent with a touch of sharpness which makes it really yummy.

It's a toss up between that and Calvin Klien's CKIN2U which is a lovely fresh fragrance, I did a review on it here. It's not hideously expensive and it lasts well. I've preferred it to many of this season's summer fragrances, which I've found a bit limp and disappointing.

Well, I might not need any more perfume, but I sure as hell want it.

4 comments:

  1. Eee, but thee smell gorgeous, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 am

    eee boot doost'tha want to smell gorgeous diff'rent in haff a doozen diff'rent places loov? (ooo the mind boggles)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:29 pm

    I only wear one perfume (Versace Red Jeans) so I call it my signature scent.
    Fragrancedirect is quite reasonable, sometimes you can buy full testers very cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ing ~ thank very mooch luv

    cogidubnus ~ if I did that I'd smell like a whore house escapee

    PJ ~ I think we've already established I am a perfume tart (no murph not a perfumed tart or even a perfumed eclair). I get testers through work so I can get all but the newest fragrances. Which is why it's silly me even thinking about buying more of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...