Monday, July 09, 2007

Crash and Burn

Since graduating on Wednesday, I've been sobering up and slobbing. Gertie is with me for the next few weeks picking up some supply teaching while she can. Boy is busy recovering from having his in-grown toenails operated on. The cat is busy teasing her beau next door and sleeping. All in all my household is limping along.

Tomorrow, I've got my interview for the MA in Digital Art and in my usual fashion I've done nothing but think about it. So, rather than get on and prepare my presentation I'm blogging. No change there then.

While having a coffee in my local cafe, I had a brainstorm (no, not a thought-shower) and then I thought I'd run it past you guys, see what you think. I was thinking of setting up another blog, but for it to be dedicated to looking at poetry and bits of prose. So that someone would e-mail me a piece of writing, I'd post it and everyone would comment on it...constructive and useful comments that is. I'd be the moderator, so the site would be troll free. Whatcha think? Anyone interested?

8 comments:

  1. Hope the MA interview goes well. I'm sure you'll be fabulous as always.

    The 2nd blog sounds like a good idea. It'll get people thinking about things in a different way and you already have like minded people coming here and leaving thoughts so I'm sure they'd follow if you somewhere else too. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd blog idea sounds nifty :)

    A bit above my head, I suspect, but nifty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:22 pm

    Yes Roses, the second blog sounds an excellent idea. I like the fact it would be an open blog so to speak, something everyone can contribute to if they have any poems or verses they have written :)

    Good luck for the MA interview too, I'm sure you'll be fine though & don't need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:18 pm

    New blog sound like a fine idea. i would love to contribute.

    Good luck with the interview.

    kisses

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great idea, go for it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aye, good idea.

    Doubt I'd be able to bring terribly much tallent to it though. But if it's somewhere for you to stretch your creative wings, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a good idea although not something I would contribute to - I realised my poetic limitations a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:42 pm

    how did the MA interview go? As hottie says bet you were fabby...

    second blog sounds a great idea - I like the idea of bringing the digital communication and art together

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...