Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bronzeberry

For my male, hetrosexual readers - my apologies. More girlie stuff.

My Boy had his in-grown toenails done last Friday. An event I found equally as traumatic as he did, though he will tell you that the worst part about the whole experience was the sandals he was forced to wear to school for two days at the start of the week. Yesterday, the chiropodist gave his instructions for further care of the two big toes. Unfortunately, I have no brain of late and completely forgot to get the pile of bandages and stuff. So after coming home from work, I had to walk back into the city to the Boots in Chapelfield. Fortunately, it was late night shopping there and I was able to get the supplies.

When Gertie came in, she told me about Stuff that was on sale: foundations for a £1, lipglosses and eyeshadows going cheap. I was so good. I had a quick look as I went past going towards the pharmacy section, but didn't stop. I was strong. I bought the necessaries, I headed out the store. And then it happened.

I stopped and looked at their nail-polish. No 7 stuff, going begging. I rooted through the bin, like the bargain hunter I really am. I found Bronzeberry Speed Dry nail varnish. It was love at first sight. It sat there in the bargain bin, looking all lonely and lovely, all the while the banker in my brain is busy lecturing and wagging his thick finger at me. I did try and deny my love. But I couldn't. I was a weak woman. I hang my head in shame.

I am now a Bronzeberry woman. My nails are really red and sparkley. I've lost 2 hours tonight indulging. Pure bliss. I go to bed tonight a very happy woman. Even if I'm £5 the poorer.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:16 am

    Oh I'm a makeup fiend! Sometimes though it just has to be done, as much as you try to resist it it doesn't work, it's better to just give in! Lol

    Barry M dazzle dusts are my weakness, 200% better than M.A.C pigments & only £4.50 a pot, I love them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:04 am

    How sad...I really thought better of you...you are (as I had earlier surmised), truly beautiful...the photo on the previous post confirms this...you don't need this superficial crap...

    More importantly, with a brain the size of a planet, (sorry but Douglas Adams rules!!), why suddenly become a downwardly mobile supporter of chav standards...

    Hell girl, you're brighter than any of us....(heh heh heh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it was lonely. You didn't buy somethig you didn't need - you re-homed a neglected nail varnish. Yey you ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:16 pm

    gnd - on the basis of your recommendation I went to check out barry m dazzle pots yesterday in boots ....OMG don't know how I managed to get out of there with only one purchase, so many lush colours and and they look fabulous on! (I bought bronze and it's gorgeous)

    sorry roses - we are turning your blog super girly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't apologise. I'm loving anything girlie at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...