Friday, June 08, 2007

Fin

Yesterday, I set up my Creative Practice work and that is the end of my degree. Yes, I do have a degree show to sort out, a publication to edit and my graduation...but that was the last of my work to be put in for assessment. Just so you know, I get my results on the 22nd of June and graduate on the 4th of July.

To celebrate I went to work. After work I wandered around and bought loads of make up. MAC have just brought out their summer collection and while I'm not into orange I thought I'd give it a go. I bought some lip liners, loose broze glittery eye shadow, some nail polishes, sparkley face and body powder on the cheap from Superdrug; and today after a consultation and MAC, their fabulous eyeshadow and a sparkley pink lip gloss which is just to die for. I've booked myself in for a facial next Monday, a birthday pressie from Hottie and a hair cut and colour on Friday. Tomorrow, I will start my exercise regime up again. I realise the key to a good life is more not less. Like KAZ suggested when I floated the subject a few weeks ago, more exercise, more yummy veggies and salads, more dancing, more walking. I want to have more energy and more fun.

I've also got quite a lot of catching up to do around the house. I promised myself in February that I'd get a skip and dump all of the shite I've accumulated. There's quite a bit of paperwork to catch up on. I suspect the trick is to just take things slow. Hand me a knife and fork, I've got an elephant to consume.

Plans for the summer? Well, Boy and I will be flying back to Trinidad to scatter Pops' ashes in the middle of August. Before then, the Viking and I will be going to Dublin for a few days. There's also a couple of weddings to attend, and buy shoes and frocks for. I also am hoping to work with a professional photographer to try and up my technical profficiency with a digital camera. Did I mention there's an MA course to apply for? I don't think this summer is going to be laid back or quiet. I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 am

    Yay as someone who's hit the middle fifties still feeling agrieved about the (many) bits I missed, then yes, yes, yes... "more" is the word...go for it!

    Can't Viking accompany you and boy to Trinidad though? God that'd round a few squares...(though the expense must be daunting...)

    Go with the camera too...it's always been a very powerful medium - It was my hobby many many years ago and it's a particular pleasure to me that one of my younger set of twins (18) is on a relevant course and by god it's mindblowing stuff...though right now I'll stick with the poetry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats once again on finishing all the work.

    You've pull a hell of a lot of effort in and deserve the very best.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cogidubnus ~ it's such a shame that life doesn't allow for fast forwards or rewinds. Or enough time to everything that needs to be done and a bit extra. I suspect you missed bits, because you were busy being dad and husband and keeping the shit together. There are greater consequences for letting people down, if those were your responsibilities at the time.

    I don't know you that well, I'm only guessing. Creativity is like a fine wine, it gets rounder and fuller over time. It might be that this is your time to embrace your creativity. Keep writing. Good things will come of it.

    ing ~ thanks honey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:58 pm

    Just wanted to say I'm so proud of you. You totally rock and I can't wait to see the end product. I'm just wondering when you'll have time for red velvet and whether one bottle will be enough for you? ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:14 pm

    yay well done you...after all that hard work a summer of fun and, even better, MORE fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hottie ~ time seems to be in short supply at the moment, but we'll try and organise something when life is less frenetic. As for red velvet, my constitution seems to be rejecting alcohol at the moment. Had more unhappy discussions with God recently, so I'm laying off for awhile.

    NM ~ spot on!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...