Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Almost There

As I expected there were hitches, but not insurmountable. There was quite a bit of running around: to the shop to get some blank CDs, and a pen to write on the damn thing. Note to self: any time the CD burner can't burn something onto a CD, chuck the blank CD.

One of the advantages of being in the turret room at the top of four flights of stairs is that I'm getting a bit of exercise. It has also helped to burn off my frustration with the situation.

It's not quite the end as I've got to get to college first thing, so I can set everything up and see what the presentations look like being projected large and together. At the moment, it's still a leap of faith. I can't see that it's all going to go horribly wrong, but you never can tell. Not that I'll be able to fix it if it's all gone Pete Tong. I don't do cables, wires, s-video leads or scarts. I can just about manage {play}

After I set up the presentations, I've then got to hot-foot it into work for the rest of the day. Which is just as well. Knowing that my Creative Practice tutors will be busy assessing it, I'd probably pace myself into the flat below.

I can't believe I'm actually done. As my gran used to say 'it's all over, bar the shouting'. Well, I suppose I'm not quite done yet. I've got to get the presentations set up tomorrow morning, I've promised to proof read the publication which I was Editor-in-Chief last year, we are hoping to launch it before we graduate on the 4th of July. The degree show is still pending, and the Creative Practice Tutor number 1, still wants me to print my images off and create a banner of sorts in the stairwell of Satan (nodding to Eddie Izzard). I've got to order Cap and Gown, and ask about photography etc. I still haven't completed my application for the MA and that really does need to be done sooner rather than later.

The more I think about how I want to spend my time, the more I want to work creatively and the MA certainly will give me more employment opportunities than the just the BA. I would like to start applying for funding to do artistic projects, that would way cool and those kind of opportunities definitely happen through the college.

Anyway, thanks for all your messages and texts. I really appreciated it. You guys rock! It occurred to me last night that the blog has now become a separate entity to my Creative Practice project and that now that is all done...what should I do with this space? Any ideas on what you'd particularly like to see on here? I mean besides pictures of topless babes and blokes. Seriously, let me know what you think, otherwise you're just going to keep getting more of my spontaneous outpourings and random rants and I wouldn't want you to get bored.

6 comments:

  1. Rosey Rosey Rosey Roses! Dee dee dee de dee...


    I don't have anything to say right now, sorry!

    I'm just being randomly cheery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm....Monkfish.

    Don't call me Rosey. Really. There's only two people on this planet who get away with it. One is my exhusband, the other my niece. Which one do you want to be?

    ing ~ thanks babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But "Roses" didn't rhyme with "Ruby", and that was the tune I had in my head that I felt like putting "Roses" to tune to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monkfish ~ I'm afraid it's non-negotiable, singing it to the Kaiser Chiefs doesn't make it any better. The Viking tried it and gave up, especially when I mentioned the 'husband' bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel suitably chastised, and I won't do it again. :)

    (Not that I'd actually have called you "Rosey" anyway, it was only for the tune :) Still, mental note has been.. noted :) )

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...