Thursday, May 17, 2007

Oops I did it Again

Yes, I did. I shared a bottle of wine with Gee who just got back from visiting her daughter in Boston. I still have my poetry critical appraisal to write: all 550 words of it. And I want to pick up the phone and make drunken phone calls, declaring undying love to all and sundry. Though, I keep ringing Sundry and he's refusing to answer. Smart man. I don't know why I want to speak to long lost friends only when I'm a bit tiddly. Why I suddenly need and must tell them I love them and miss them; when in fact it's been 2 years, 6 months and 3 days since our last conversation. How bizarre am I?

Boy has gone off to friends for the afternoon, leaving me to get on with my writing. I've caught up on the gossip with Gee instead. He's so lovely. He wants to stay this weekend, despite the fact he's not likely to get fed anything vaguely nutritional, or have any kind of civil conversation with me. Bless him.

As for the rest of it, I'll get round to it. As soon as I've finished making these phone calls and sobered up.

4 comments:

  1. Drunk and Dialing is a pretty common crime - I'm sure I've read about a service that can lock certain numbers in your phone after a certain time at night to prevent such things.

    I had one or two glasses of wine myself last night too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house has its own bottle bank out the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:06 pm

    Can't you economise on the effort and make your poetry entry a clerihew or river rhyme or something? If you wanted to be exotic, how about a haiku? Even a Waka or Tanka would do (though for gods sake don't juxtapose the leading letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sanddancer ~ Yeah, I think I've heard about the service as well. It was a good couple of weeks since I've had a tipple, and oh boy was that wine good.

    Murph ~ I do recycle, but I'm a bit slow about it, as in I once left it a good few months. I've got a lot better since a friend came round, seeing all the wine bottle, gave me a hug and said 'i know you are going through a rough time...'

    cogidubnus ~ as a poet, I shy away from traditional structures. In other words I can't iamb and my rhymes suck big time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...