Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Boing, boing

You might be wondering about the title of this post. Indeed. You might be thinking 'the woman's finally lost it'. You wouldn't be far wrong. It's official. I am a Stress Bunny.

It's not all bad. My poetry is due on Friday and it's all written, but for the 800 word critical appraisal. My prose is due on Monday and it needs some serious work doing to it. As in lose 630 words and re-write the ending. But at least I've got the weekend to do it. Boy has promised he'll ply me with coffee, won't complain when I'm going 'boing, boing, boing' around the flat and generally look the other way when I turn into Bitch from Hell.

Now all I need to do, is the work. What has amused me is that while there has been some stress and a bit of procrastination, generally speaking I've been writing regularly and doing my journeying project quite happily without the same level of OMG that the dissertation gave me. I might be going boing, but it's not a grrr...stress boing (if you see what I mean).

One thing I have noticed and I did say so to the God of Poetry at our last poetry tutorial, is that I no longer cringe when looking at my poetry. That is such a result. I could not bear my poetry before. While I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a poet, I'm not embarrassed by my attempts. That's got to be a step in the right direction. These 3 years have definitely been worth it.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:02 pm

    I might need to create some kind of t-shirt with Stress Bunny on just for you...

    A thought to cheer you up - in a week and a half I should be heading your way, if that's all still on. Which I hope it is! And I hope the thought of me kicking about is cheering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boing?

    What's wrong with boing?

    I think boing is good! :)

    Boing boing boing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:54 am

    Is this "boing" as in Jasper Carrotts take on "Boing said Zebedee"or "boing" as in "The most wonderful thing about Tiggers.....etc" ?

    Stick with the high caffeine diet - high is good for you roses!

    (Actually, "boing" is clearly what you do to Inspector Monkfish, myself and sundry other enraptured males...like the man at the auction said...boing boing bong...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:57 am

    Keep boinging...does caffeine make you boing higher? Not long to go now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boing is obviously one of those cultural references I got wrong. I suppose I should have said I was bouncing off the ceilings (and not in a good way).

    I'm fine now. Just a bit tiddly.

    Gertie ~ I'm really looking forward to seeing you. A t-shirt with a stress bunny would be fab.

    Monkfish ~ see opening paragraph.

    cogidubnus ~ as always, you flatter me. I don't completely believe you, but I'm tiddled enough to feel warm and...well...rosey. Shame you don't blog...I could leave you random comments at strange times of day or night.

    Monkey ~ caffeine is one of the vices that I cling too. If I can't have my 2 cups of coffee a day, bad things happen. If I exceed my limit and have say...4 cups...bad things happen. Not so much boing as bust. If you see what I mean?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...