Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Week Ahead

Now that Taurus's month is over (well, by tomorrow morning), perhaps you can be less a magnet for dissent and people who try to push you round (which Bulls sooo dislike). When you are in a phase of change and achievement, however - which you should be - it's hard not to put a few noses out of joint. Just try to do it politely. The Observer

This is my horoscope for the week ahead. I tend to read horoscopes at the beginning of my day (it's embedded into my Google homepage) and then I read my weekly one courtesy of the Observer. I do find it erratic, but I can't resist it. So that's my week ahead.

Tomorrow I hand in my prose and then I will be attending a Group Crit, which will be very interesting. The 4 other people exhibiting for the Degree Show will be putting in their requirements for space and equipment. It should be an interesting meeting. We haven't seen each other for months, we don't particularly gel and there's only so much space and equipment to be had. One of the things I have learnt is to never underestimate my ability to piss people off. I used to worry about it. I don't enjoy pissing people off. I've offended people for giving feedback during a workshop. I've offended people for having an opinion. I've offended people for wanting to do well and being motivated.

This year I decided when someone has a Goddess-given talent, it should be embraced and honoured. This is what I managed to do when I don't even try. Imagine what I can achieve if I really put my mind to it? I will do as the horoscope suggested...I'll just do it politely.

3 comments:

  1. "I've offended people for having an opinion."

    So I should think.

    Go and stand in the corner of the room and look glum until you can return to the boring non-opinionated existence some others enjoy.

    Good luck with all aspects of the week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:01 am

    Yeah ditto

    ReplyDelete
  3. IM ~ I'm just going to finish my prose submission and then I'll definitely go stand in the corner - with a glass of wine.

    cogidubnus ~ thanks...I think

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...