Monday, May 14, 2007

Vera Wang ~ Truly Pink


I was told at work that Vera Wang - she who makes expensive designer wedding dresses - has produced Truly Pink for bridesmaids. It certainly is a 'pink' fragrance, quite floral. I quite liked it and wore it happily all day until I got home. When I sniffed my wrist, it smelt of chemicals. Not pleasant. So that's not going on my skin again. I'm not suggesting it's a fault with the perfume, far from it, it just could be the way it reacts with me. When I first sprayed it on, it smelt quite nice.

I've had a slow, but productive couple of days. Done a bit of editing on my poems. Harrassed G and her family to look through my submissions. Now about to look at their comments and see how I can integrate it into my work. I've also had another very positive Creative Practice tutorial. My tutor also said he would back me up as far as my getting the space to show off my work to it's potential. The images need to be BIG. The Creative Practice Tutor will call a meeting of the 3rd years, towards the end of this week to discuss how we allocate the space. So we shall see. I am anticipating a fight, perhaps I'm being unneccessarily pessimistic. I hope so.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 pm

    Ihave the same problem with all the calvin klein fragrances - they smell lovely to start with then some kind of nasty chemical reaction starts with and my skin starts to emit a drain cleaner like headache inducing stench - I haven't been able to wear perfume for years... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey ~ I'm happy to say that I've only come up against 2 perfumes that have ended up smelling like Eau de dead Cat on me. Perhaps it's just the fragrances you've tried...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:12 am

    In my long distant youth, when I experimented with various aftershaves, I found several that started off fine, but within an hour or so smelt like catsp*ss...

    I must have fussy skin chemistry - it was usually only the relatively expensive ones like Aramis which were ok...

    Mind you, thinking back, didn't Brut smell like catsp*ss on everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel nostalgic for Brut. It was my brother's first aftershave.

    There was another one he used to wear and I'm buggered if I can remember what it's called. I can see the white triangular bottle and I remember the ads that went with it had lots of big waves and buff surfers.

    The expensive brands use better ingredients. If you really want to smell something rank. Next time you're in Boots or Savers, ask to test any of Britney's, JLo's or Kylie's perfume. Eau de Skank.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...