Sunday, December 24, 2006

Twas the Day before Christmas

I know everyone has pushed off to families and loved ones, and all is now quiet in Blog Land, but I'm such a sad individual, that I had to do a quick post today. To answer your next question, the laundry is still undone, Hottie is on her way and then the festivities will commence.

I picked up the duck, still haven't got a clue how we're going to cook it. I will make it up as we go along. I then took it into my head that I really needed to go into town and get some special Christmas pjs for tomorrow. Hottie and I will have a completely decadent, girlie time. With DVDs, lots of booze and good food. Given my dodgy financial situation at the moment, it was a bit silly, but I have been meaning to get a new dressing gown for ages. They're not exactly dead sexy, but they are very comfy.

I'm really looking forward to doing the cooking and lots of lounging tomorrow. It seems that the last 3 or 4 months have been frantic/fraught and the thought of some down time with some good company is just bliss.

Blast, I've just remembered I must go and change the bulb in the kitchen. It blew last night. Right, must get on. Best of luck to you all tomorrow. Have fun with your rellies and loved ones. Cherish and enjoy them. Failing that: eat, drink and be merry.

7 comments:

  1. Wishing yourself, boyo and the hot one all the very best this christmas.

    *hugs*

    cute pj's.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetheart. Right back attcha (as they say in the states). So far we've done the 13th Warrior and the 9th Gate. Not sure what else is happening tonight.

    No you still can't.....

    Yes, my pjs are cute, but I'm waiting til tomorrow to try them on.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 5th Element? :)

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cogidubnus ~ thanks very much, and to you too.

    IM ~ Actually, I don't have that on dvd. I think we'll either do Chocolat or Kingdom of Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:49 pm

    I knew I'd forgotten simwthing! 5th Element is one of my fave non-Johnny films. Maybe nest time. I vote for Chocolat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:50 pm

    Damn alcohol fuelled fingers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard things about 5th Element, but I've never got around to watching it. I'll have to download it. I just thought it fit the 13th...9th... pattern ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...