Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Green is the Colour of My Hangover

Yesterday was relaxed and a bit boozy, to say the least. We cracked open a bottle of red velvet to have with the opening of our pressies and of course had to have another one with lunch. Unfortunately, I can't actually remember very much from carving the duck to Dr Who. I have vague recollections of sending incoherent texts to long suffering friends, but apart from that, nada. Hottie assures me the duck was fine. This was her first experience with roast duck and she tells me I surpassed her expectations. Which is just as well really. When I spoke to my rellies in Trinidad, they expressed surprise that I can actually cook...shows what they know. :-)

When I finally made it out of my pit for Dr Who, Hottie started on another bottle of wine, while I looked pale and interesting clutching my glass of water. We indulged in rubbish television and then Chocolat as promised, which was as fabulous as ever.

Hottie look fabulous this morning. She was chirpy, bright and bouncy ready to take on the world. Biatch! I on the other hand, am feeling like I need to give my liver a very big hug, for looking after me. I feel wretched. I did want to go with her to see Britwitch, but the thought of leaving the safety of my flat is just too much. But I have finally sorted the laundry and have actually done 3 loads, which is a start. I think I will probably have a nap a bit later on and then start gathering my books and notes to get me in the mood for dissertationing over the next few days. I've promised myself a treat at the weekend if I get the bulk of it done. No more procrastination, just action.

2 comments:

  1. "Fine" ? :) She told me it was "Gorgeous" :)

    A treat at the weekend?

    I bet your favourite treat would be Ing-shaped! ;)

    Whooooo!

    I'm sorry, an American sitcom audience seems to invite themselves over to my computer to "Whooooo!" in the background whenever I make comments of this type. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, put it like this, neither of us came down with the trotts, or ended up speaking to God on the porcelain telephone. So, 'fine' is just as good a word as any....but I'll accept 'gorgeous' if you insist.

    Hmmmm...I hadn't noticed this happening before. When did the sitcom audience manifest in your blogging?

    You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...