Saturday, December 23, 2006

And Finally the Winner is.....

Narcisso Rodriguez. I could bathe myself in it, it is so gorgeous. Clean and fresh fragrance, with good lasting power. It's classy and understated. Should anyone have an urge to buy me the EdP, it'll only set you back £46.00 for 50ml! Failing that the Prada tendre, comes in a close second at £40.00 for 50 ml. There is a tie for third place between JPG Classique and Boss Femme, I can't remember the prices, so never you mind.

I've really enjoyed working at the department store, and apparently they've liked having me because they've asked me to come back to do some data entry work for them in the New Year. So it's all good.

My favourite customer comments have been:

1. You will take the price tag off before you wrap that, won't you? No, showing how cheap you are, is all part of the service.
2. I can't remember what the fragrance is called, it came in a twisted, mid-green bottle with a red crown. Really?
3. I'm in a real hurry, will you be done wrapping my gift in 2 minutes? If you are in that much of a hurry, wrap it your bloody self.
4. This is the first gift I've bought. (This is at 17.55, shop closes at 18.00 on the 23rd of December). It must be so difficult to plan ahead for Christmas, after all, it only happens for one day, on the same day, once a year.

It's not because I'm just being stroppy (okay, I do admit I have no patience with people), but getting stressed with me, when I am genuinely trying to help, isn't going to improve matters; or my mood.

I've really enjoyed this first serious foray into the retail world. The department store has been a hub of social gathering, I saw more people who disappeared off my social radar in the last 9 days, than I have in the last 4 years. Including my recent 'date'. Which was quite amusing.

He is a friend of a friend, who had the mistaken view we might get on well together. To be fair, we did get on well with each other. But, one of our last communications went along the lines of:

him: I fancy you a little bit.
me: oh
him: I have some things I need to sort out with my (psycho) ex-girlfriend
me: okay

I was more miffed that he told me he only fancied me a little bit, than I was about him going back to his ex. What was funny about today was he came scuttling in, Xmas panic etched on his face along with horror that I went up to him. I was polite and helpful. He wanted a Chanel perfume, for a 'friend' of the family that he didn't like very much, but his mother told him to get it. This from a 44 year old man.

So, is it just me, or do you think that he was buying for his woman? See, because Chanel does not do cheap, relatively inexpensive or even moderately priced. And I don't see why some one would spend £50+ on a perfume for someone who wasn't well liked, mother's orders or not. I think I would have had more respect for him if he would have said "I'm buying a gift for someone" or "I'm buying a gift for my woman." Life is way to short for games like that.

Hottie arrives tomorrow. Hopefully, by the time she rocks up, I will have bought the duck, some munchies, booze and done some laundry. Hears hoping. Have a good Christmas and New Years if I don't see you before.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:52 am

    Honey don't even entertain the thought, don't go there, skip him...(bad news) yada yada yada (Nobody, repeat nobody need be THAT desperate... and you're beautiful...Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to take this opportunity to pick out an important part of what you just said...
    "It must be so difficult to plan ahead for Christmas, after all, it only happens for one day, on the same day, once a year."

    I'll have you know it was on a Sunday last year! ;)

    Who can tell what he was thinking. At the end of the day, I don't think it really matters in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:34 am

    I'd make some snide comment about relationships at this point but for once my brain fails me. You can probably guess why that might be. *cue hysterical laughter*

    Sorry. I'm scaring myself at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous ~ to be honest, I havent given him much thought after the last communication. Thinking about it, I was more put out by his comment, because it seemed to typify the repsonse of most men to me at the time.

    IM ~ was it? I can't remember that far back. That was a whole year ago.

    Gertie ~ my dear, you can be as hysterical as you like. I believe your words to me at the time were 'kick him to the curb'. Happily, I feel my time is spent on better people now. Please wipe that smile off your face you l***struck thing you! No, I'm not smiling back at you....no, I'm not.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...