Saturday, December 16, 2006

Prada ~ tendre EdP

This is a light, sophisticated perfume that I would personally love to bathe in. As I'm just starting out in the perfumery business I lack the proper vocabulary to describe it. I just love it, love it, love it. I give it 9.5. This is so going on my wish list.

Fragrance has 3 categories. Eau de Toilette, which is the weakest and cheapest form of the perfume; it does not tend to last as well and you can be liberal with application (depending on the scent). Eau de parfum is more concentrated and therefore you need less of it. It should, in theory last longer. Parfum is the most concentrated and most expensive scent. Apply sparingly.

My mum always used to say, a man should only be able to smell the perfume when he stands close enough to kiss you on the cheek. There are a lot of women and men upon whose forehead I would like to stamp that on. It really is not meant to be anaesthetic. Mind you, having said that, there are a lot of people who ought to get acquainted with the simple concepts of soap, water and anti-perspirant.

Today, despite my aching feet and streaming cold (thanks so much Boy), I made my way into town to have lunch with flirty Gertie and her fab mates. Nope. She still hasn't stop smiling. When they all left I had another cup of coffee and planned my attack. I went into work, squirted myself liberally with Prada and bought my cards. I then pushed my way into the throng, called into 4 shops got my pressies and wrapping paper. I have one more present to get and then I'm done. I am really pleased with myself, had it not been for my cold, I would be even happier. This evening will be spent wrapping pressies and writing cards, were it not for the cold remedy I will soon be taking, I would indulge in a bit of naughtiness to see me through. Ah well.

As I was juggling 4 carrier bags, three rolls of paper, three bags of bows and ribbons and gift tags in WHSmith, I spot my ex and his grown daughter out of the corner of my eye. Now in case I haven't mentioned him before....we were on/off for 4 years and when we finally split in February it got quite unpleasant. He queued behind me and initiated conversation. I was shaken, but not stirred. We exchanged small talk and I was sweetness itself. On the way home, I realised I was quite pleased to see him. He became a man again inside my head, rather than my arch-nemisis with hooves and a tail. It allowed me some perspective about the whole situation and reinforced the pleasure I have in my life and current situation. I can finally wish him well and let him go.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 pm

    And the nauseating grinning is still going, even with a hellish shift talking to total morons. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased to hear that. Though I am sorry everyone's been ringing up whinging about their coughs and colds and spotted dicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:52 am

    The coughs and colds have been entirely (well almost) mitigated by texting under the table. Mobile phones put a whole new slant on this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my day, it used to be love in hard copy; love notes and letters. Enjoy sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...