Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Roses the Red Nose Perfumer

It's not the best job in the world to get a stinking cold, it must be said. I did put some perfume on today, but as I can't smell a damned thing, there really is no point about me giving you a run down. Drugs are wonderful things, don't let anyone tell you different. When people adopt that righteous tone when they say 'I don't believe in painkillers', treat them with the disdain they deserve. Painkillers are wonderful, wonderful things. They are the only thing that kept me upright and functioning today.

Yesterday, I was visited by the Self-pity gnome and stayed in bed moaning, mopping my fevered brow and making like a fog horn every time I blew my nose. In case you might not have noticed....I'm not good at being ill. I have yet to master the stiff upper lip and carry on regardless.

All I wanted to do this morning was crawl back into bed, pull the duvet over my head and go back to sleep. I didn't dare do another sickie. For one I'm temporary staff and if I don't go to work, I don't get paid and for two, it was bad enough letting Alix down for one day, I couldn't do it to her for another. She went out on a limb to get me the job and I really did not want it to reflect on her. Most of the day, I've been worrying about it until I got called to HR to give my bank details. We had a long chat and basically, they want to find me as much work as I want. I know they are happy with me juggling my study and work and although the money is not wonderful, it is a really fun working environment.

And the best thing about working in this department store? No one has died on me!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FragrI could get you new samples of our Police-range?

    We have this fabulous new fragrance "CS".

    One wiff, and...

    *thud*

    Seriously though, hope you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:27 pm

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like being unwell at all so i do sympathise. I love the title :~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:05 pm

    Thanks ing, I'll pick up the samples of 'CS' later.

    NM & Dianne ~ thanks for your kind thoughts, I am feeling more human, if a tad congested. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...