Saturday, December 16, 2006

Jean-Paul Gaultier ~ Classique EdP

Lovely fragrance. Good staying power. Slightly powdery and feminine which I really, really love. Yummy. I'm giving it a 9.5. Another good day at work. I glammed up again. I could start getting used to this apart from my feet, which are killing me.

I rushed home, got changed and headed out to Gertie, for it is her birthday. We drank wine, ate munchies while we waited for her friends to come up from London. They are absolutely lovely. She has such good taste in friends. We all headed out to the Waterfront for the 80s night, which was just excellent. As a venue, it's just great. You can wear jeans and trainers, it's not a meat market, there's a good selection of music. I'm not sure why I left it 5 years to back there. Gertie got her birthday present courtesy of a couple of mates who fixed her up. I believe she's got a date Tuesday. Go Gertie. I danced like it was 1999. Smiled at a couple of guys who blanked me, smiled at a couple of guys whose girlfriends blanked me, smilled at a couple of guys whose boyfriends blanked me. At that point I thought 'perhaps there's a wider cosmic message going on here'. Then bumped into this quite nice guy who danced well, if a touch enthusiastically. Our conversation went as follows:

Him: so are you single?
Me: yes
Him: why?
Me: I'm awkward
Him: really, how awkward?
Me: very
Him: so, what do you do when you're not being awkward?
Me: I'm a student
Him: so, what are you studying?
Me: Creative Writing
Him: why are you going to university to study that? why don't you just write?

We didn't talk much after that, and he siddled off with his friends to dance enthusiastically elsewhere.

Message received loud and clear. Thanks for that great Cosmic Energy. These things are obviously not mine to have. Whilst I might feel wistful about the idea of having a relationship, my dissertation is far more important to me. My feet might need amputating at the moment and my tininitus might be playing Big Ben, but I had an excellent single time with some fabulous women. I am going to bed a happy woman.

4 comments:

  1. You'll have to explain this whole EdT/EdP thing to me at some point. Actually, you don't HAVE to, but I do appear to be sad enough and dumb enough to ask ;)

    I wonder how you could possibly answer "Why?" with anything positive.
    Well, other perhaps than "I find most men simply can't keep up with my desire for constant sex." ;) But after that, I should think you're getting pretty limited :)

    Glad you had a fun time and are feeling happy :)

    Meanwhile, Great Cosmic Energy will be waiting to surprise you when you least expect it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I suppose I could find other, more positive ways of answering 'why?'. I can see how it is a touch spikey of me. But actually, as I really am spikey and awkward, why send out false signals which lead to disappointment?

    I think we've already established that the Great Cosmic Energy has a perverse sense of humour. Chatting to one of the girls at work yesterday, was saying that Derek Acora says before birth we chose the life we lead. Quite. Not only do I have bad taste in men....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Waterfront - not that I've actually been there for about 8 years, but I spent a considerable amount of time there during my student days.

    I also seem to remember similar idiotic responses to my doing English such as 'Can you not read/speak/write already?'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:54 pm

    Sanddancer - The thing that I like most about the Waterfront is that the girls actually wear clothes. Go into any of the other clubs and OMG, I have knickers bigger than their skirts!

    Seriously though, it's a brilliant venue. Where else would you see about 10 goths in a circle moshing to Madness' Baggy Trousers?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...