Thursday, December 14, 2006

Boss - Femme

That was today's perfume, or rather, Eau de Toilette. As I will be trying various perfumes on each day I work in Perfumery, I thought I would share the glorious details with you. It's a very light fragrance, which you would expect with an EDT, but it's staying power really did disappoint. I had to squirt it about a lot to get the desired effect. I love the little round bottle, it's very sweet, the perfume itself is pink. It is a touch florally, without being sickly. I think I'll give it a rating of 7.

My feet are aching, but not as badly as Monday. It took me awhile to settle in to the swing of things today; I was all fingers and thumbs. My gift wrapping is still painfully slow and I do keep cutting the paper too small and I have to start all over again, which is a complete bummer if there's a rush on and the customer is standing practically on top of the wrapping table, sighing and tutting. My sinsuses are playing up and I'm hoping that it's just the effect of too much perfume being inhaled rather than me coming down with Boy's cold. I'm out clubbing tomorrow with Gertie for her birthday, and I need to be on tip top form.

Somehow, I've got to get my shopping done Saturday. I'm working Sunday and all of next week and there will be no other opportunity. *sigh* You'd think the fact that Christmas is an annual event, and enough hints are laid out at the end of August that I really should not be getting into this muddle every bloody year.

5 comments:

  1. It takes me, on average, 15 minutes to wrap a present. Upon completion, it looks like it took about 30 seconds and I didn't really care what I was doing ;)

    So, it could be worse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:20 am

    Ah man wrapping. More sellotape than paper? My sympathies to your loved ones. :-))

    It's just a question of practice, good paper, small bits of sellotape and box-shaped presents.

    Or, buy some perfume and come and ask me to wrap it. Apparently in Culpeppers, they'll wrap all your Christmas gifts, if you buy a little something in their shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I like wrapping!

    I'm just not very good at it :)

    I was in Thorntons last night and thought about having them wrap the things I'd bought, but then decided I'd rather do it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great night, both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:14 pm

    Good for you, the more you practice the better it'll get.

    Thanks hon. We will be doing big hair and shoulder pads tonight. 80s night! Except I have none of those things....

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...