Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Diss Day 1 ~ word count 0

Today I start my diss. So in my usual fashion I have spent my time drinking coffee, looking at archives and now I blog. In part, I'm procrastinating, in part I'm preparing myself for the big spurt of work. I'm also doing laundry at the same time and waiting for my Boy and the ex-H to pop in to pick up some money.

Boy and ex-H have now been and gone and I'm sat here listening to my stomach rumble and Faithless. The realisation that they are probably the last human contact I'll have for the next 3 or 4 days is quite depressing.I didn't realise it until last night that it's been a long time since I have had someone hold me. Hello self-pity. Actually, I'm really good at keeping busy and in the past few months I've managed to put that need for a cuddle far, far out of mind.

At the end of the day, I know I'm going to be fine. The financial and other problems dogging my heels will be brought under control. Anyway, saftey nets are for wimps. This is not a dress rehearsal, life is happening right now. I really don't have time to indulge in self-pity. My life might not be ideal, by any stretch of the means, but it's mine and when it boils down to it - I'm safe, I have a flat, my health is reasonable, I eat regularly. There are too many people in this world who cannot say that about their lives. The Gods have their work cut out with them; I certainly won't take up their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...