Friday, December 08, 2006

Green and Leafy Times

The last few days I dedicated to doing not a lot or sleeping in; which has been an abolute joy. I've started sleeping through the night again, which has left me feeling more tired for some odd reason, than the two months of broken sleep. Many thanks to Britwitch and to Ing who talked me out of self-pity mode with patience and good humour. I do still feel fragile and not fit for human company, but I've stopped banging my head against a brick wall.

I spent yesterday reading Anne McCaffrey after catching a glimpse of the trailer for Eragon. I was in the mood for dragons and trashy reads. It fortifies the soul, good trash does.

I've got a retail job for the next 10 days starting Monday. It'll tide me over Christmas and give me some time to get my dissertation sorted. Plus, I'll be working with Alix, who I've known forever and is really good fun. I get to pretend to be a girlie, get made up in the morning, do completely frivolous stuff. At the end of the day, I can just walk away. No one will die if I don't make a sale, or if they change their mind and want a refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...