Thursday, December 28, 2006

Diss Day 2 ~ word count 0

Before you start, it's not as bad as it looks. Really. After all my procrastination efforts yesterday, I did make a start and have now got my dissertation title, which I hadn't before. I've been doing some basic reading and note taking and from that, it was clear that I've been concentrating my efforts in the wrong place. In a sense, I'll have to start again. Which is a pain, but at least it means I'll do it right. Hopefully.

My self-pity gnome did not stay long. It popped by, had a cup of coffee and a biscuit and then went off again. I think I frightened it off with my pile of books and notes. Today, more laundry and more dissertation. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go outstide to see the bank and pay the butcher for the duck. It's been a few days since I've left the house and while I don't feel claustraphobic, I do feel the need for some bracing air and a gentle stroll around the block. I've just crawled out of bed and am on my first coffee, still a bit fuzzy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:07 pm

    Yay! Glad it's coming together! I find motivating myself to actually get started is always the hardest bit...

    *pours big glass of celebratory bottle of wine for Roses* but only if she doesn't reply to this comment today as then I'll know she's been procrastinating..

    *big hug* for yesterday too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:46 pm

    Oh, thanks very much. *sniffs glass appreciatively*, but unfortunately I'll have to pass. I'm just taking a break. Thought I'd see who's about in Blogland while I clear my head to do some actual writing.

    Hugs muchly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...