Sunday, December 03, 2006

And then there was One

I survived the sleepover. The boys were great. They kept the noise down and I only had to tell them twice to go to sleep at 2.30 am. I went to bed at 9.30 and left them in the capable hands of Shaun of the Dead. I think they had a good time. Whether their parents will let them come back is another matter. Both boys looked really tired and I believe they had coke and chocolate birthday cake for breakfast, so I'm not going to be very popular at all.

Apart from that work went well. It was a very busy weekend with silly call volumes not helped by the continuing BA Radiation alert. A lot of very grumpy people ringing back to enquire about their call-backs for their ingrown toenails.

By the way, if you ever have dental pain:
1. don't leave it to Saturday afternoon to get it sorted out, when it started Monday morning
2. don't say 'I don't believe in painkillers, I'm in agony' and expect to get any sympathy
3. please register with a dentist well before the event, because trust me, dental problems will happen

My good deed for the day was for my taxi-driver. We were having a quick chat on the way home and he casually let slip that he'd gone to hospital the day before to have a chest X-ray for chest pains. He'd forgotten to mention to the doctor that he was also having pains in his jaw and down his left arm. Either, he was just looking for some attention or some sympathy or, his heart was sending him some messages he really should be listening to. One thing is for certain, my scripts are now second nature. I told him to give NHSD a ring, and if his pain increased at any point, to ring 999 sharpish.

Here endith the lesson. Hope you had a good weekend and will face the coming week rested, refreshed and ready to take the shite.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:05 pm

    hi roses - I'm a bit tired of the whole 'potential contamination blown out of all proportion' BA thing already so you must be well sick of it, not to mention dealing with daft people all the time...I tip my (metaphorical - because I'm inside sitting at the pc in my spare bedroom typing this and would look quite silly otherwise)hat to you...

    You seem to have had a few busy weeks of late so I think you are definitely owed a shite-free week next week...(because I have super powers like that...obviously!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:16 pm

    NM ~ thanks so much for using your powers for my good. And yes, I have had enough of people who think that this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to them. A quiet week would do me the world of good

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...