Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chill Out Moods

I downloaded some Chill Out music (and some BENT~lovely) and as I sit blogging I'm listening to the laid back tracks, while my boy drives his Warthog over Grunts on Halo II. We are waiting for Hottie to decend upon us. She has promised KFC and sparkling red velvet. What can I say my two most favouritist things in the whole wide world and her and boy. I am a happy, happy bunny.

My tutorial went well this morning. My Creative Practice tutor likes the pictures I took, I've just got to take loads and loads more. My CP tutor had leant me a video on artist Sophie Calle. I was blown away by her work with Paul Auster and now have two of his books, the New York Trilogy and Leviathan on my bookshelf waiting for 5 minutes to read. I love the blurring of boundaries between art and life, fact and fiction. The energy created is so colourful; it makes me think of a painter's pallette and the picture that is created. I can get ridiculously excited about the weirdest things.

I've decided to postpone my novel for the moment. Instead I will be working on a fictionalisation of my journeying on the buses. Watch those boundaries turn baby blue. My project is beginning to encompass three aspects of my degree now, the only part it has left untouched is my poetry. And I suspect it won't be long before that gets pulled in. I think I'm becoming a little bit obsessed.

11 comments:

  1. "my boy drives his Warthog over Grunts on Halo".??
    I think new readers need a phrase book, Roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to buy Tangerine Dream albums in the decreasing hope that one of them would contain a song that stood out, one with a chirpy chorus about jellied eels or what to do if the furniture van you're supposed to be following leaves with you, presumably while you dilly and dally.

    Anyway, I never did. All the tracks seem to melt into one long synthersised chord, which is still quite nice.

    I also like plinky-plonky new age music while I write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant leaves 'without' you, not 'with you.' That's a whole other song, actually the follow up to 'My Old Man'. It's not as good as the original. It goes:

    My old man said follow the van

    So I did, and successfully too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Murph! Mr P obviously does not possess an X-Box. It's one of my boy's favourite passtimes - running over and blasting aliens. Still, it's cheaper than cocaine, says Hottie. I'm not entirely convinced.

    Gary, I gave birth to my boy listening to Tangerine Dream, so I am slightly biased. Oh and Hottie suggests Chas and Dave which I think is a cruel and unusual punishment, but to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halo! As a boy-at-heart-still, your lad has good taste. I rarely play on consoles, but I make a ~big~ exception for Halo. :)

    Does he know there's a movie in development, to be produced by Peter Jackson no less?

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6105688.stm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ing ~ when Halo 2 was released we queued outside of the shop for two hours so he could get his copy. My boy is a HUGE fan. He tells me that the movie is postponed because the budget was getting silly.

    He's also been watching Red V Blue on YouTube, which is rather amusing. I'll get him to send you a link Sunday evening. He's with his dad this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warthog? Looks more like a cougar to me ;)

    RvB is ace :) Got seasons 1-3 for Christmas last year :) I've been meaning to blog on something along these lines myself since Ing left a comment before he went on holiday. Not quite got around to it yet, sorry about that Ing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:39 pm

    Roses, Paul Auster is an awesome writer. But I found New York Trilogy really, really difficult. I think it was his first, as a friend told me "he wrote it when he was young and pretentious".

    If you get stuck on it read The Book Of Illusions, it's just beautiful. Very melancholic (in a nice way).

    Also, look out for his wife Siri Hustveldt. Her book What I Have Loved is all about art, life and love.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:57 pm

    Thanks Helen. That's really useful. I think I'm about to start my Christmas Wish List on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:43 pm

    Inspector Monkfish you rule I havn't seen anyone use RvB before it's great Bow Chicka Bow Wow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:47 pm

    People, just to introduce to you 'boy' is mine. Currently staying with his dad for the weekend.

    *beams with maternal pride*

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...