Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday Feeling

Hottie says I've corrupted her, a bit rich considering she descended upon us bearing the Colonel's finest and Banrock Sparkling Red (yummy and kind to the environment). We caught up on all the news and latest gossip and in the midst of this she let slip that she had never seen Dirty Dancing! The horror! It was immediately rectified. Boy stalked off to his computer in disgust while she and I lusted over Patrick Swayze as he gyrated and looked moody. However, boy refused to go to bed until the dance finale and very kindly handed out tissues to the two of us saps.

My corrupting influence did not stop there. Oh no. Please note the new link on the side bar. I'm such a bad person. Hottie paid me back though. This morning when I surfaced I wandered into the kitchen, and there she was in her sexy jammies doing 3 days worth of dishes to the Beach Boys. Slightly disconcerting considering it wasn't even 7 am.

Right, I'm off to get dressed and face the day. I'm on earlies over the weekend and Monday, so I'm not promising that I'll be about. I'm not sure what it is about starting my day at 5.30 that fries my brain but I'm not able to do much else. Oh yeah, it's starting at 5.30.

8 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the Colonel's finest and sparkling red and ~ i must confess also to never having seen dirty dancing.

    You could have called ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:22 am

    We are just sooo going to have to have a girlies night in.

    Dirty Dancing what can I say? I saw it when it came out in 1987 and it has probably ruined my romantic relationships since. It's got great music, fabulous dancing, a plot and a happy ending. Everything a true romantic needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart Roses
    You are as soppy as the rest of us.
    Would go for the movie but hte colonel is all yours.
    well done getting Hottie on to techno path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks britswitch. You've only now noticed I'm an incurable romantic? Honey, I cry in all the sad places in a film and also when the leading man and leading lady finally live happily ever after. I also cry at weddings, funerals and baby namings.

    I am a complete softie. But don't tell anyone, it'll ruin my reputation for being hard as nails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have never seen Dirty Dancing. I don't know why - I love the soundtrack and have done since it came out. Now I avoid it when it's shown on TV. It's almost a superstition with me. I can't explain why. Maybe I just don't want to be disapointed

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is getting silly. Right. Hottie will have to bring the Banrock Sparkling Red.

    Dianne~you bring the KFC.

    Gary~you're on pringles duty, the flavours are up to you.

    britswich~tissues, soft ones please.

    ing~if you're coming along as well, perhaps another bucket of chicken? I need to warn everyone that I only eat dark meet. Touch that thigh and it's going to get nasty.

    Get your diaries out people, when are you free for a Dirty Dancing weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Touch that thigh and it's going to get nasty."

    You are referring to the KFC still?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:52 pm

    Unfortuntately, I was referring to the KFC. I haven't had any offers for my thighs for months. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...