Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wonderful Wednesday

I have decided to see what happens. I am going to enjoy my degree, have fun with my work, celebrate my boy. I've got no idea what lies ahead. I'm enjoying each moment for what it is. For the first time in a long time, I am content. A bit scary to reach this stage in my life and realise that all that hard work and striving has been pretty much for nothing.

I am just going to sit here and see what happens. I have no idea what's good for me anymore, I just know that for the first time, I'm excited about my present. I'm not giving myself a hard time about the things I 'should' and 'ought' to be doing. It's me and boy having a good time.

I came home after a day at college and said to him 'fancy going to a poetry reading?'. He was up for it, so we rushed around and went. It was part of the Norwich Fringe Festival , the God of Poetry read, and it was just amazing. I know my boy didn't get the nuances or the beauty of the language, but he appreciated the bawdy humour. And it was a shared experience. As he grows up and away, I hope that one day he'll appreciate how hard I've tried.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:11 am

    How old's the lad? Sounds a treasure! Quick...If he's over say eleven try him on the Miller's tale from Chaucer - a live performance would be best...the bawdy bits'll grab him first but he'll love English for life...

    Re your decision, sounds to me like you've made you're mind up the way you needed too...sometimes life's like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've got to where you are through all that hard work and striving, then I'd say that it was worth it if you feel content, even if it's not where you were expecting to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:26 pm

    Welcome cogidubnus - my boy is 1 month off his 13th birthday. He did Chaucer last year, loved Chanticleer's tale and Death's Murderers. He's something special, but then again, I am biased. Very.

    IM - I think I got here through luck rather than judgement, lots of errors and a few trials. I've just decided to sit under a tree and see what life brings. It's time for a change.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...