Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday Left too Soon

Yet another blog with nothing to do about buses...you'll have to make do while I finish my training. Once my preceptorship is out the way and I'm on to my shifts, I'll be able to go back on the buses. Normal service will be resumed, I promise.

Today has been a mix of chores and hanging out with my homie (my pre-teen). We watched Spirited Away again. I love this modern fairy tale, it is breathtaking at times and always leaves me feeling slightly awestruck. So much so that we'll be curled up watching Princess Mononoke after dinner. There is just something about the waterscapes that I find myself wishing these fantasy places were real, so I could go visit.

Yet another obsession coming on. Water journeys. I'd love to take a boat trip from the beginning of a river right down to the sea. When I was a teenager, there used to be a travel programme called River Journeys (I think. It was a long time ago) on early Saturday evenings, showing people doing exactly that. I seem to remember one done through the Black Forest, it was amazing. It was so atmospheric. Hmmm....something to do before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...