Monday, October 23, 2006

Irritable and Weepy

No not me. I'll explain. Once a caller has been triaged, their case gets popped onto a national call back list and nurses pick up the calls based on the priority given the call and a brief description of the symptoms. Sometimes the Health Advisor makes some interesting spelling mistakes. My favourite last week was 'Graze to Leg. Pussy.' This opens up a whole new surreal world. Apparently, this is the correct spelling, as was checked by another trainee. But I had this lingering image of a person hobbling around with a cat attached to their leg. Far more entertaining than green discharge seeping from wound.

I'm blogging in between loads of laundry. When the load is done, I'm off to bed, so this may be very brief. I made it into College today to attend the Course Committee meeting, I am a student rep and I rather like going to these events; with bribery and corruption, I have ensured I am always welcome. I always take something naughty but nice to munch on. I began my working life in local government, and there if you wanted anybody to turn up to your meetings, you had to put food on. It's amazing how sharing food with people encourages partnership working.

Anyway, 'Irritable and Weepy' was used to describe a caller's penis. When I read it, I just couldn't stop laughing. I know it is probably a very uncomfortable condition, but it brought to mind Wicked Willie sobbing into a soggy, crumpled tissue, shouting 'eff off!' to gentle enquiries.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog whist I was away, have enjoyed flicking through yours over here. As a fellow traveller, I tip my hat to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:14 am

    Welcome ing. Good to see you here; feel free to pop by and share a cup of coffee any time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...