Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rewards

So I haven't quite done everything I intended, but I've pretty much done the important bits.

I wrote one begging letter to the bus company. I prostrated myself asking for sponsorship for this project and my CP says he will also write to them on my behalf. It would mean so much to be able to have a travel pass. My cash flow can't cope with any other expenses at the moment. So, fingers crossed. I'm hoping to get the letters in the post tomorrow. Watch this space. If it doesn't succeed I'm going to be rattling my tin cup at you.

I also wrote a project proposal. Well, actually, it is more of a project outline. It currently lacks a budget and a risk assessment, but as I'm doing it for my own edification, I'm not fussed. Doing the proposal was a brilliant exercise in focussing. I am now starting to build a framework from which the dissertation and project will be hung. Actually that's not right. I'm getting together a list to take to the hardware store. But that's okay, I've got lots of time still, even if it nearly is the end of bloody August.

An e-mail is now winging it's way to Mike Carter (him of the Observer Uneasy Rider series I've been going on about). I'm going to try and wangle an interview with him. See if riding around Europe on a BMW motorbike sorted out his mid-life crisis, or whether it merely postponed it. I must admit I think he's been extraordinarily honest in the first few articles. So, we'll see if he'll be interested in talking to me.

I'm going to have a shower, try and gather some energy together and polish up my CV. Next on the To Do List: job. I'm a great believer in rewards, I treated myself to a fish and chip supper, very greasy, way too tasty. I'm so naughty! A woman has to have some vices, such a shame that one will hang around my hips and bum for the next millenia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...