Saturday, July 22, 2006

Feet

Many apologies, I've been slack this week, I missed blogging another day yesterday. It was boy's last day in middle school and there was a bit of running around I had to do which included a last minute invite for his friend to sleep over. I fed the boys and then hid in my bedroom as they giggled their way through Fierce Creatures before keeling over at about 11.30 last night.

I did have a brief conversation with friend's dad this morning who is a creative photographer. It was a 3 o'clock in the morning thought. Given how much of the human body is on display in magazines, we see women's breasts, hands, waists, what we don't see photographed is naked feet.

Baby feet are things of beauty and joy. I see baby feet and I immeadiately think they need kissing. They are soft and clean and unused. Adult feet on the other hand, I'm not that keen on. Not things of beauty. I think clean adult's feet are okay. When I visited the Hayward Gallery, Georges Bataille took a picture of a man's big toe and I think he maintained he was being subversive by doing so. But I do wonder, what would a beautiful foot look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...