Sunday, July 16, 2006

Easy Sunday

Today, we did a whole lot of nothing. As the state of my carpet can verify. But I don't feel guilty, that's what Monday's are for. Boy and I watched Conan the Destroyer right through to the end. Another example of how perception changes through age. I remember thinking when I was 14, how cool it was. Now I think it lacks cool, acting and decent special effects. In the midst of it, I had to go and sort out a row between a blackbird and the cat.

As it's summer and hot, I leave my front door open and the cat likes to wander out and about, or sit in the sun on the carpet. Blackbirds have the most amazing, piercing alarm call; a kind of 'chuck, chuck' noise and they can go on for as long as the crisis lasts. After 10 mins of racket from this blackbird, I go out to see the cat looking innocent and a lady blackbird with a beak full of caterpillars giving it up large. I chase the cat inside and the bird off the balconey and return to Conan. The next minute the ruckus has started up again. Boy had let the cat out and the bird objected, vociferiously. It was just like dealing with small children. 'Stop winding little Johnny up. Johnny, leave Suzy alone'...that kind of thing. Honestly. And don't tell me that cats can't swear under their breath either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...