Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Monday

Today has been a home day...out of necessity. Last Friday disaster struck. After a dwindling service and several calls to our telecoms provider, they tried to boot up my box from their end...which lead to me not having any television over the service and a promise that a very nice man would be round sometime Monday between 8am and 1pm.

I had come down with a cold Thursday night and coupled with the end-of-year apathy, all I wanted to do was watch rubbish on telly. The one weekend I wanted to sit down and drool staring at the screen. Honestly!

I had to get out of bed and be decent for 8am which was a bit of a push, but I managed in the end, even if Boy couldn't understand the grunts and gesticulations pre-coffee. I even managed breakfast. And the BBC Website, and Guardian On-line and then most of the Observer On-line.

When he turned up, he couldn't solve the problem, the Powers-that-Be had to send another very nice man to fix the box outside. Which he did and we now have telly!

Then I went shopping. My fellow student rep foolishly offered to take me shopping to the large out of town Tesco. I thought I'd be nice and feed him for his kindness. Well, they do say that no good deed goes unpunished. I made him chilli. With chilli powder bought from the fish and veg emporium round the corner. My boy's comment was 'Mum you make a mean chilli, it'll make a grown man cry.' Unfortunately, it did. I don't think he'll be making that mistake again. Poor man. We're meeting the Critical Studies External Examiner for the College at 9.30am, I'll have to give his apologies if he doesn't turn up.

Good news though. She who currently lives in Liverpool, promised she'd come visit over the weekend. My liver, sufficiently recovered from her last jaunt, is sitting up and taking notice. Somehow, I've got to find a bottle of Banrock Station's sparkling red...it's like sipping red velvet, so far only found at Waitrose. Must make sure she confiscates my phone this time. No more unsolicited declarations of love to long-term mates. And no more questioning cute barmen's sexual orientation either! I've been hurrying past the pub with my head bowed in shame for two weeks as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...