Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Degree Show Preparation

Today, I spent pretty much in college. Firstly, to meet with the external examiners of Critical Studies. I like CrS meetings, we had M&S orange juice and posh bickies (always welcome). Conforms to my world belief that all civilised people, when they get together to discuss the meaning of life, share food and drink. We talked about the usual stuff, pros and cons, whinged about IT. Then after a coffee in the SU bar, spent time with Creative Writing's external examiner. More pros and cons and whinging about IT (there's a theme here, isn't there?).

Then on to Room 8 to set up the system to show off our work for the Degree Show. The room is quite small, and a bit difficult to exhitbit our stuff well. Our Creative Practice tutor had a brainwave to put images, movies and slides of poetry onto a dvd and project it onto a screen blacking out the window. I think it'll look great. I've foolishly volunteered to invigilate it mornings; hopefully, there will be enough people come forward so I don't have to do every morning. Scary to think that next year we'll be doing it for real.

Time just seems to be slipping by. With the summer stretching out in front of me, I'm thinking about reading the books that I 'ought' to read, the books I want to read, and my dissertation. I'm going to see my CP tutor to see whether he thinks my idea about virtual vs physical blogs will work and how we negotiate the space and kit. I'm getting really excited about it all. The next year is going to be hard work, but I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...