Monday, June 22, 2009

Blessings for the Solstice

A while ago, Sanddancer asked me about my beliefs. Today, the Grauniad did a particularly good article.

I suppose, because I'm not a particularly flakey woman, I find some of the more 'way out' pagans quite irritating. I think it's because I don't think it's an entirely comfortable belief and people who think it is, are missing the point.

Life is a raw experience. There is Light and Dark. Each with their own place and purpose. I think magic is like that. I think trying to ignore the darkness, in the favour of light, is daft. Understandable, but daft.

My practise tends to be more devotional, rather than based in spell-craft, though I can cast a mean spell when required. I try and be a live-let-live kind of person until pushed too far. Most of the time, I leave it to the three-fold law of Karma - that which you do comes back to you times three. But I will help things along if necessary. Recently, I've been feeling like I need to give Karma a little push in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...