Thursday, September 06, 2007

Best Foot Forward

My father being an airline pilot and living in Singapore, meant I spent much of my childhood in big aircraft of many descriptions. I don't actually like flying. In fact, I've developed a real loathing of it. Just goes to show familiarity breeds contempt. I suppose part of it is that as I get older, I travel less well, I get very jet lagged.

Since getting home, I can honestly say, I've not been feeling great. The time difference has buggered my sleeping patterns, and I feel wrecked. Fortunately, I planned for this and haven't accepted any work until next week Monday. In the meantime, there's loads of stuff I should be cracking on with, but am ignoring for the moment.

Boy's gone off to school today, looking a bit tired, but rather cute, if I don't say so myself. While I was away I took lots of pictures with my new camera, I thought most of them weren't up to much. But yesterday, when I went along to see Jerry, the photographer I'm doing some work with, when we had a look at them, I was pleasantly surprised. Of course there were some rubbish ones, but in the main, they were pretty good. I'll post some on Picassa and drop the link, when I've got a moment today.

It's been great working with Jerry. He's given me the basics of the technique of photography and some Photoshop tutorials. We've done some stunning work together and I'm really pleased with what I've done so far. I'm hoping my new Course Leader will think so; we're going to try and meet up over the next few weeks. My MA doesn't kick off until October, so I've got some time yet. What took me by surprise is that Jerry suggested I submit the images to interior design websites to sell them. I need to get onto the college macs before I even think of doing that and I'm not allowed into the suites until I'm signed in properly.

Actually, I really have very little to whinge about. I don't know why I tried to start. Humpf.

6 comments:

  1. You'll be okay in a few days or so. It took me a while to adjust after returning from Jamaica. Once you get into a routine again you'll be fine. And don't worry about feeling wrecked, it will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post-holiday blues - its a common problem. Hope you are feeling a little less ugg now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!

    So who was the guess who that you helped at work several weeks back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. pj ~ the routine still hasn't happened, unfortunately, neither has the sleep.

    sanddancer ~ so it is, I think I'd be feeling a lot better were it not for the 2 and half hours' sleep last night.

    IM ~ nope. The Guess Who was Martin Shaw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling a little better now roses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks B*E*G, I'm still not feeling 100%, but as ever, I'm hanging on in there.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...