Friday, August 17, 2007

Leavin on a Jet Plane

No doubt my Viking will tell me off, but I hardly think that one of you blog readers would raid my flat while I'm gone. If for some reason you are tempted, I have got people guarding the most precious cat, but I really would appreciate it if you could water the plants for me, inside and out. Pushing the hoover round will earn you lots of brownie points, as would doing the large pile of laundry I have quite got round to doing yet. Many thanks goes to Britswitch for keeping the cat company and to Gee's boys.

One of the many joys of going out with a policeman is the hours of home security advice. For some reason leaving my front door key under the flower pot by said door is verboten. I now shut my windows when I go out, despite the fact that I live in a first floor flat and my elderly neighbours (with whom I share the window cleaner) are perpetually vigilant. So you see, good sense is rubbing off on me, just very slowly. I still leave my front door open so the cat can sit on the doorstep and glare at the postman.

The other joy is a fuzzy, half-awake conversation while we're both in bed at 7.30 in the morning. Not very strange there you say, hardly worthy of a mention. However, it is when you consider, he's just done a full-night's work, I'm wishing him sweet dreams, he's saying he hopes I slept well, and I'm about to get up to face the day.

Anyway, I'd better get on I've got 17 To Dos that should have been done yesterday, that will have to be done before the end of business today. I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have, so things may go queit for awhile. I'll miss you, will try and send a post card.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 pm

    AHA! Now's my chance!

    Those conversations do sound a little strange. I was driving home the other day while on the phone to someone, and it seems I ended up having a conversation with someone who was actually asleep. That was a little bizarre ;)

    Don't forget to leave the door open for the cat while you're away.

    Good luck with the "To Do" list, and I expect to see your "postcard" a few weeks after you get back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:09 pm

    Have a good trip and good luck with the anti-procrastination workshop

    ReplyDelete
  3. burglar monkfish ~ your chance to water my plants? your chance to raid my (empty) fridge?

    I'm on a roll, I've done 96.5% of the things that needed to be done. There's still time for the rest.

    cogidubnus ~ thanks hon. I did seriously think about going to one of those workshops - I just haven't got round to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:14 pm

    This really made me laugh - the only things I've learnt from the other half involve cables, motherboards and how to remove my memory stick safely....

    Safe travels and have a fabulous time with your folks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good trip & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip
    will look forward to reading about it when you return :)
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:31 pm

    Have a fab trip Roses & tell us all about it when you get back (The nosy part in me, lol)

    My ex from yonks ago who is now just a very good friend is a copper & the hours of safety stuff.
    I was forever being told to "wear your bag to the front of you so people can't dip their hands into it"

    "don't walk along on your mobile, it makes you less of a target & they can't grab it out of your hand"

    "keep your wallet & phone in the zipped part of your bag, makes it less easy to pickpocket then"

    etc etc etc! Lol.
    Bless him :o)
    & yes, the fuzzy conversations are sweet except with us it was both of us falling asleep because at that time I was working nights in the receptionist job I had.

    I'll water your plants & do your laundry but I can't guarantee they won't die or that i won't shrink anything/dye it pink! Lol

    Have a great time xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:25 pm

    Hope it all goes well for you out there and that you have no probs with delays etc.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...