Friday, July 27, 2007

Dior Addict 2

I have gone over to the Dark Side. I have been trying perfumes from other Cosmetics' Houses. I know. I hear you gasp in shock and are rightly appalled. After all, on the Back Wall there are many hundreds of fragrances to try. But I was weak willed, and went back to an old favourite. There's a story behind it as well which I'll share with you.

Alix had been working on the Back Wall in the department store for a few months and she liked to give samples to her friends for odd occasions. She gave me the sample for Addict 2 to try and I really liked it. My boyfriend at the time didn't. In fact, he loathed it and moaned as I used my sample up. When I saw the light and good sense re-asserted itself and I was once again happily single I bought myself a bottle. For reasons that I still don't understand, it didn't smell the same as my sample, it still smelt good, but just not the same. Fast forward to present day and I find myself covering for Dior and once again sniffing appreciatively...

It is gorgeous. It's got hints of grapefruit, bergamot, freesia, grenadine, sandalwood and white musks. Yummy, yummy. If I was to have a gripe about it, I would say, it doesn't last long enough. After a couple of hours and another spritz is needed. Mind you it is an Eau de Toilette.

Work has been going just fine. One of the advantages of being an As & When person is that if I don't feel like working, I don't have to. If I want more work, I can usually get it. It also means that I don't get bored with it. I can turn up all enthusiastic, whirl around like a mini-dervish and bugger off again to eat fish and chips with my Boy.

I've also discovered that I'm a lousy star-spotter. Yesterday, I was on fire. I was selling like a little demon. I made two really big sales which sorted our targets for male fragrances before mid-day. About mid-day, I approached a past-middle aged gentleman in a very unflattering hat. However, I am professionalism embodied. He enquired about skin-care ranges, I pointed him towards Dr Hauschka (which is amazing) gave him a bit of info as I led him over to the other section. In awhile he went off and my colleague who I'd led him to said in hushed, awed tones:

"You know who that was?" says she.

"No," says I. She tells me three times who it was, and I still don't believe her. He was big in the 70s, brilliant in the 80s and is still around in various repeats on cable. He's also a well-known Norfolk resident. In his hey-day, I rather fancied his Irish good looks.

Unfortunately, I was blissfully unaware. Or perhaps, from his perspective, fortunately.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:22 pm

    I like Dior addict but it's too heavy for me, don't know what the addict. 2 smells like so might have a looksy when I'm next in town. The one fragrance I wear which is a constant is CK Truth lush, gorgeous & I always get complimented when I wear it, another one that garners the same responses is Anna Sui - Sui dreams. Giorgio Armani Sensi & body shop vanilla are my evening-y type ones, lovely :)

    Oh & who was the man? I'm too young to know by the clues given! Grr! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. G*N*D ~ I must admit I really like Dior fragrances, though some of them are quite heavy. I've worn Addict, but prefer #2. Pure Poison is yummy.

    He was in a 70's cop/action tv program. Lots of busy black hair. Very buff.

    Shhh...Britswitch, don't tell yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. That should have been bushy. Perhaps 'busy' was also accurate, but it's not what I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:52 pm

    I'm useless at celebrity spotting -I had to have Kevin Spacey pointed out to me in the pub last week and I'd seen him in person in the same pub before ...

    Oh and I'm also useless at celebrity guessing too...more cluses please...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur. More clues please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...