Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Countdown

I'm a little bit stressed at the moment. I'm waiting for Friday so I can pick up my results. The only thing is: I'm not by nature a patient person. When I want something, I want it NOW. I really want my results.

My tutors know. They won't talk to me about the work until Friday after I've picked up my little brown envelope (and opened it). While I was chatting to them about the degree show next week, they just seem to be assuming that I'll get on to the MA and will be lurking around their vacinity in September. Rationally, that says then I have little to worry about.

Except, I can't stop worrying.What if my MA application isn't strong enough? I ran out of bullshitese and I never took them up on the option of using additional sheets. My Creative Practice tutor hasn't looked at it properly yet as the poor man has just got back from Lithuania. Did I mention that the course includes approx 2 weeks collaborating with an art department in a university in Lithuania? How fab is that?

Did I also mention that I spent a silly amount of money on a camera and a camcorder? And that I'm hoping to work with a fabulous artistic photographer over the summer? I think I did. I'm repeating myself.

I know I'm stressing, but I just can't seem to help myself, so I'm going to have a shower, get into my pjs and pour myself something naughty.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:52 am

    Don't worry :o)
    You sound like you've worked really hard & put alot of effort in, you'll be fine & I bet you'll pass with flying colours!
    I was sh*t scared about my makeup artist results a few years ago, I was convinced I hadnt passed, that everyone else had done so much better than me & that I had for certain failed, I even cried about it!

    Got my results & got 97 & 99% pass rate & was the top marks they'd had that year so far. I cried again but with happiness! Lol
    So don't worry, you will pass & I'm sure it will be fine & that you have done an awful lot better than you think or give yourself credit for :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lithuania?
    I'm not even sure where that is - does it enter for Eurovision?

    You'll need the Nytol tonight - Mucho luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr P. did a creative project in Iceland. He piled up all their frozen Yorkshire Puddings.

    I'm saying just chill. Be here now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im sure you will pass with flying colours ;)
    get that bottle out ready and enjoy a well deserved treat...jox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've worked so hard and stressed so much about everything, you deserve the highest marks. Let us know when you hear x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:31 pm

    Friday is almost here and I'm sure you'll do well. You've worked so hard and everything I've seen has been fab.

    You must text me when you know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:29 pm

    Hon you've worked at it and done your very best - if it goes well it's no more than you deserve - you've more than earned it...if on the other hand something's crashed and it's a f*** up, then you've a strong enough character to beat the system shitless anyway, so what's the worry anyway...really...truly?

    Star Quality, that's you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. *hugs*

    what done is done

    but we all have faith in you

    that you'll do just fine

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone, your warm wishes are much appreciated. I'll let you know my results as soon as possible.

    I have to pick up the dreaded brown envelope at 2pm, so I may ask Boy to post them on the comments section here after that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck for this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Rose!

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:15 am

    Oh hon I'm sorry ...was it bad?...

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, it wasn't bad at all.

    x x x x

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...