Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday Woes

Today has been about running around from pillar to post at frantic pace and achieving very little. I have managed to do pretty much everything I set out to do, I don't really have a sense of achievement. I just have an overwhelming need for a bottle of beer.

The good news is the college have recognised that the current space is not big enough for 6 people to exhitbit in. The bad news is that the spaces they have given us are all over the freaking show. Literally. Three people will be exhibiting in the college equivalent of a turet room, one person will be on the same level in a corridor just before a stairwell and I'm going to be in the basement. Now, I can't rant too much because although I have been given a broom cupboard, it's just me and A N Other, who only wants enough space for a monitor and some headphones. So it might be a broom cupboard...but it's my broom cupboard. The other good thing is that as we both need a dark room with no other light source and it's just the two of us, that's not going to be a problem.

I think the nicest thing has been working with the other people. I really was worried that it would be every art student for themselves, but people have been considerate and really sweet about the space allocation. I wasn't expecting it, and I am chuffed to be proved wrong.

I could have done without the stress of it. But c'est la vie. However, I do have a Viking who has kept me in cake and red wine and he has kept me sane through out. I've still got lots of work to do, my To Do list is scaring me, as it always does. The good thing is Gertie is coming to stay on Saturday (yay) and I'm hoping to hand her a paint brush...shhhh....don't tell her.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:17 pm

    Gertie is RIDICULOUSLY excited about Saturday, and the paintbrush is not putting her off. At all. The thought of wine helps...Time spent with Roses helps even more!

    Are the tickets in the post though? If not I shall start walking now and blow off the last two days of school. It's not like I want to be there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when you are stressed, you seem to have a aura of tranquility about you!

    Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gertie ~ tickets in the post and as for the painting...you are a star!

    sanddancer ~ it's very sweet of you to say, but unfortunately, it's not true. Boy and Viking have been tiptoeing around my tantrums for 3 days now. I was efffing and blinding on the walk home. People were crossing the road to avoid my rant. I've calmed down a bit, but not by a huge amount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:44 am

    I think everyone's entitled to a little effing and blinding now and again. I've certainly indulged rather a lot lately.

    And next week - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The other good thing is that as we both need a dark room with no other light source and it's just the two of us, that's not going to be a problem"

    I bet you said the same thing to Viking, you old romantic you ;)

    (Ok, I might say more, but I'm late for work... byeeeeee)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...