Friday, May 04, 2007

Festivals and Festivities

A little something from Monday night. Had loads of fun. It's a bit strange sharing that side of my life with the Viking. Previously, that part of my life was kept separate because my friends loathed and detested my then-partner (with good reason). So having the Viking welcomed and comfortable was just fabulous. We danced, told stories and jokes around the campfire and tucked into good drink and munchies. Note to self: next year bring baking potatoes and marshmallows.

My birthday started with coffee in bed. I passed on breakfast in bed, cause croissants crumbs are absolute buggers to get out of the bed clothes. I had pressies. A fabulous perfume which, to be honest is more like this. My day went from splendid to outstanding, when the God of Poetry declared my poetry is coming on; so much so that he didn't scrawl all over one of my offerings. In the evening, we were a small, and drunken bunch at the pub. This week has been so fantastic I'm beginning to think that I can cope with 37 as a number after all. Especially since today, work gave me the most amazing bag full of creams, potions and lippy. How lucky am I?

This weekend I will be filling out my application for the MA in Digital Art; and we shall see.

6 comments:

  1. Here comes The Pope he's been blessing some apples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:22 am

    ROFL - mango indeed!

    37 doesn't enter into it...Viking is truly a very lucky person indeed - at least as lucky as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viking didn't actually want to, you know, burn any long boats in the fire then? :)

    zzz.... glad you've had a great week.... I'm off to bed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ing ~ arrgh, it's a pirate, he's after my booty.

    cogidubnus ~ I read the official blurb and nowhere do they mention mango, but it's the first thing that I smell.

    Thank you for that. I think we appreciate each other, which is always a good start.

    IM ~ *slap* keep it up and we'll burn you like the Wicker Man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:12 pm

    I am indeed very lucky, thanks cogi.

    No burning of longboats this time round, but had to stop the smaller members of the party burning too much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 37 is a dangerous (but good) age. Think of Marianne Faithful and Lucy Jordan.
    Me?
    At 37, I met Kev (also a Viking)and the fun began.
    No regrets at all.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...