Friday, April 06, 2007

Nights in Blue Pyjamas

I needed some time off, some time away. Some space from Home and Responsibilities.

It's tough sometimes. Not helped by recent bereavements, financial concerns and the stress of getting this degree done. I just needed some time out. So I led Hottie astray at the weekend and then got to meet Viking's tribe for the first time. Of course, the thought of it was much worse than the reality, which included good food, good wine and brilliant company. I was made very welcome. After a couple of days hanging out with the cool cats, I got to relax in the Viking's longboat; when he went out about his daily business dealing with pillaging in the community, I was there to provide light amusement at the end of the day. Bless him, he was very good about me invading his space.

I've decided that my favourite thing about getting away from it all, is coming home again. At an indecent hour I shed my outdoor clothing and hit the pjs. I've been reading trash and watching dire telly, while Boy has been on my pc making Halo videos. I am one happy bunny. A little indulgence has gone a long way in bringing my shoulders down from my ears. I have a To Do list waiting for me. But it can wait a bit longer.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:35 pm

    That sounds fab...I'm sure your to-do list can wait a bit longer...

    Your last post really resonated with me and I've been thinking about indulgence and how poor I am at indulging myself and that I definitely need more of it - thanks for the inspiration! I will report back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey ~ my To Do list is currently keeping the cat company, curled up snoozing in the sun.

    Good luck with thinking Northern Monkey indulgencies. I'm really looking forward to hearing how you've pampered yourself this weekend. Most of all ~ ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...