Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Word Count ~ 820

Which sounds a lot better than it actually is. 510 words will need to be shifted to the appendices as they aren't relevant to the argument in hand. My Super is unimpressed, but I still can't help but think, that those are 820 more words than I had when I got up this morning and I do need them.

This morning I had a heck of a shock...my keyboard was filthy. I mean really disgusting. How could I possibly work with all that fluff in between the keys, not to mention random flaky bits that could be crisps or pastry, I hope. So I set to it with a brush and a pair of tweezers, once that was accomplished I was finally able to get stuck in. Needless to say I also had to de-gunk the mouse. As I sit here, my dining room table bows under the weight of the books I still have to read. I'm only blogging because I'm waiting for our dinner to finish cooking. Tonight, it's Thai green curry and I think I've been a bit heavy handed with the paste, Boy tells me he's ready for anything. I'd better get the milk out of the fridge.

I'm also back at the department store. I'm working with Perfumery and also doing what they call the 'mobile board', so when people don't show up for work, or a department needs extra cover, they call me. It's the post-Christmas lull which is just dull, dull, dull. Not all departments are as friendly or as well organised as Perfumery, so it's just work. I know I need the money, but with the diss stalking me like a psycho, I'd rather be at home beating it up rather than standing around re-arranging stuff so I look like I'm earning my keep.

*meh*

5 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I don't really have anything to say.

    But I'm going to say it anyway.

    So there. :-P

    Keep skating onwards with the D-word, I'm sure it'll kick some arse in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:57 pm

    Thanks...at the moment it's kicking my arse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! It's kicking arse already at this early stage? ;)

    All you need to do now is turn it around such that it is facing another direction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:04 pm

    If you're anything like me, a week to go before your deadline and you'll cram so much in you'd be surprised!

    Bleh < i have seen this one, is this similar to 'meh'?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, that's what I'm afraid of...and I'm not sure I can write a legible diss in one week. Mind you, the way I'm going at the moment, that's exactly what will happen.

    Bleh - that's more of a sound of disgust. Like when a smelly old uncle insists on you kissing him.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...