Monday, March 12, 2007

More Memes for Gertie

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7ish
2. Diamonds or pearls? umm....diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Hot Fuzz - fabulous
4. What’s your favorite TV show? don't have time/inclination to watch
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? coffee
6. What’s your favorite cuisine? anything I don't have to cook

7. What foods do you dislike? fennel, liquorice, anniseed - yuckies, yuckies, yuckies, oh & turkey
8. What is your favorite chip flavor? I think you mean crisp, and it's Salt n Vinegar
9. What’s your favorite CD at the moment? Faithless, Bonobo's Days to Come
10. What kind of car do you drive? don't have one

11. What is your favorite sandwich? bacon
12. What is your favorite type of clothing? jeans
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? The Maldives
15. What color is your bathroom? magnolia & white - dull, I'm afraid
16. Favorite brand of clothing? Marks & Spencer - oh dear

17. Where would you retire to? retire? on what?
18. Favorite time of the day? bed time
19. What was your most memorable birthday? my 30th, I had loads of fun
20. Where were you born? Port of Spain, Trinidad
21. Favorite sport to watch? none

22 Were you named after anyone? nope
23. Do you wish on stars? yes
24. Do you like your handwriting? sometimes
25. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? No, my neuroses would drive me nuts. That's why my friends are special, they put up with me. Some even quite like me.

26. Are you a daredevil? No
27. Do looks matter? No, because I believe in being fair
28. How do you release anger? I rant
29. Where is your second home? Trinidad

30. What were your favorite toys as a child? dolls and lego
31. What class in high school was totally useless? all of my maths classes, throughout my education
32. What are your favorite movies? 13th Warrior, Kingdom of Heaven, The Constant Gardener,
33. What are your living arrangements? I share a flat with a cat and Boy
34. What are your nicknames? My parents called me mouse, my cousins Roses
35. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? yes
36. Do you think that you are strong? sometimes
37. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? coconut
38. What are your favorite colors? blue
39. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? procrastination
40. Who do you miss the most? my mum
41. Do you want everyone you sent this to, to send it back? I'd rather you just let me know if you posted it on your own blog, ta.
42. What color pants are you wearing? pants?
43. What are you listening to right now? To All New Arrivals by Faithless
44. Last thing you ate? rice cake with peanut butter
45. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? indigo
46. Last person you talked to on the phone? The Viking

47. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Their smile
48. Favorite drink? coffee
49. Do you wear contacts? yes
50. Favorite day of the year? Beltane
51. Scary movies or happy endings? happy endings!
52. Summer or winter? Summer
53. Hugs or kisses? hmmm...don't know, must do more research
54. What is your favorite dessert? profiteroles, drowning in chocolate sauce and cream
55. What book(s) are you reading? The Writer's Journey -C Vogler and Public Places, Private Journeys E Strain, not to mention John Urry's The Tourist Gaze. I'm writing a dissertation for fecks sake.
56. What’s on your mouse pad? a dinosaur
57. What did you watch last night on TV? nada, was dissertationing
58. Favorite smells? jasmine, roses (the flowers, truly) and puppies
59. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles
60. What’s the furthest you’ve been away from home?
Singapore

Thanks for letting me bore you, I'm now off to shower and continue with dissertation. I now have an Introduction and 2 Appendices, plus 5 pages of Chapter 1 which I need to type up and send off for my Super to scoff at. Ta ta dahlings.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:10 am

    1. What time did you get up this morning? 0713
    2. Diamonds or pearls? pearls of wisdom (like hell)
    3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Lord of the Rings lll - Return of the King
    4. What’s your favorite TV show? Usually Timeteam or something similar off UKTV History or the like
    5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Two sausages, beefburger, hash brown, two rashers of bacon and a duck egg - chlorestrol? (what the f*** is that?)
    6. What’s your favorite cuisine? anything I cook...
    7. What foods do you dislike? none apart from over-large, over-cooked brussel sprouts
    8. What is your favorite chip flavor? I think you mean crisp, and it's either plain or cheese'n'onion depending on my mood...
    9. What’s your favorite CD at the moment? probably the boxed set of Vaughan Williams...
    10. What kind of car do you drive? don't have one (though my wife has a 20 year old Fiat...
    11. What is your favorite sandwich? bacon...or cold corned beef (either with onion, mayo, lettuce and wholegrain mustard...or loads (and I mean loads) of onion...
    12. What is your favorite type of clothing? yes jeans
    14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? somewhere with historic interest...hate the thought of laying on a beach
    15. What color is your bathroom? cream tiles and floral paper...it CAN be made to work...
    16. Favorite brand of clothing? Tescos Florence and Fred...cheap...effective (it covers the private bits) and unfussy...what IS this fashion crap?
    17. Where would you retire to? retire? My house
    18. Favorite time of the day? 8pm - ie when I can start getting pissed without anyone staring too much...
    19. What was your most memorable birthday? my 50th, I got bladdered and smacked my "oldest friend" who'd actually been asking for it for 44 years...haven't regretted it since...
    20. Where were you born? boring old Brighton, East Sussex
    21. Favorite sport to watch? Formula One or Cricket...don't like any others at all
    22 Were you named after anyone? Father (first name), Grandfather (middle name), loads of ancestors (surname)...
    23. Do you wish on stars? hell no
    24. Do you like your handwriting? I used too but now it's crap
    25. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Hell no, I'm an impossible old bastard
    26. Are you a daredevil? No
    27. Do looks matter? Not really
    28. How do you release anger? I rant for Britain too
    29. Where is your second home? First home Bognor, second home Brighton...boring eh?
    30. What were your favorite toys as a child? books
    31. What class in high school was totally useless? none...LONG term I gained something off all of them...even and especially the five years of compusory Latin...
    32. What are your favorite movies? Lord of the Rings series
    33. What are your living arrangements? Married and currently living with youngest 2 out of five children (twin girls of 17, boy of 34, twin girls of 36), five cats, a dog, two ducks)
    34. What are your nicknames? None that I can publish in polite society...
    35. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? yes
    36. Do you think that you are strong? yes sometimes... more important I'm a survivor
    37. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? none really but if pushed strawberry
    38. What are your favorite colors? yellow
    39. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? nothing really ... I love myself above all others
    40. Who do you miss the most? personally either my dad or my second mother-in-law (who has recently died aged 80+ and who was probably the most beautiful person I ever met)
    41. Do you want everyone you sent this to, to send it back? nope
    42. What color pants are you wearing? blue...couldn't manage commando
    43. What are you listening to right now? the voices in my head
    44. Last thing you ate? bangers and mash, gravy, onions and beans
    45. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? any colour with a "u"
    46. Last person you talked to on the phone? Some guy from a local County Council
    47. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? their eyes
    48. Favorite drink? Scotch
    49. Do you wear contacts? no...glasses
    50. Favorite day of the year? none really
    51. Scary movies or happy endings? if anything happy endings
    52. Summer or winter? Summer
    53. Hugs or kisses? kisses every time...
    54. What is your favorite dessert? Don't have one...bring on the savouries...
    55. What book(s) are you reading? Insomnia (Steven King), Who (Algis Budrys), History of the Kings of England (Geoffrey of Monmouth), and the 1660 year of Pepys Diaries (all re-reads alas)...
    56. What’s on your mouse pad? a Persian carpet design
    57. What did you watch last night on TV? nothing I can recall...
    58. Favorite smells? roses (Crimson Glory) and bacon...
    59. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Hard - Beatles for the longevity, Stones for the innovation
    60. What’s the furthest you’ve been away from home? Scotland sadly...finances have always prevented further afield

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing that, cogidubnus, it's nice being able to see the person behind the wry comments.

    I must admit although I am a Stephen King fan, Insomnia, and Desperation are my least favourite books. He needed someone to go through it and cut about half.

    Cheese'n'Onion crisps - bleugh - you eat them over there.

    Brighton's not boring. I've been there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Came back with some groovy henna tatoos that freaked my arse boyfriend out no end. He soon became an ex (but not because of that).

    I'm sorry, I did read that right: two sets of twins? My god man, you drink as much scotch as you like. How the hell did you remain sane? How the hell did your wife remain sane?

    Once this diss is out the way, I'll be able to sort my garden out. My balcony is looking very sad and my roses need pruning. I've got a lovely climbing rose 'Compassion' just by my door. Massive cream flowers and a heavenly scent. Roses that don't smell are just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:26 pm

    testing...testing....

    the viking said he had trouble leaving a message...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:20 pm

    Hmmm.... Works now, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:20 pm

    Hmmm... Works now, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to warn you of one point (as you have asked me to temper these proclivities in you before now), you have used the word "Fabulous" in a public setting
    And to point out a second point, you have no number 13.
    Will give this a go on my own blog over next couple of days. makes you think

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:45 pm

    What can I say? I was feeling effusive.

    Not only is there no 13 in this meme, there was no 21 in the last.

    See...someone is awake and paying attention.

    I look forward to reading all about you in due course.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...