Friday, December 29, 2006

Retail Therapy

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping! I may be a wreck, but damn I'm going to look good. My thanks must go to Primark for once again providing me with lovely clothes for not a lot of money, and to Boots, who have enabled me to purchase some fabulous sparkley stuff for bugger all.

Well, sale fever certainly has hit Norwich, women with carrier bags swinging, pushing buggies full of grumpy, nose encrusted children. I would like to join Ing in his move to have gender exclusive shopping. The M&S lingerie department was filled with men of all ages, looking bored and lascivious in equal measures, making sarky comments about the underwear in other women's baskets. At several points I had to bite my tongue when a group of young lads trailing around after their mum, felt up bras and knickers. But perhaps that's just more down to my frame of mind?

Tried to get ticket prices from a local travel agent. We've got two choices ~ hideously expensive or moderately expensive. All I can do is wait and see; take it from there once the results are in. Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

  1. 'Lascivious', what a fabulous word. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I looked that one up too ;) I was meaning to use it in a sentence.

    Such as, "Ing looked at Roses with a lascivious look in his eye." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:44 pm

    Lascivious? wrong term methinks to describe the appreciation of underwear...Lascivious conveys at least a small part of the feeling I have after seeing the photo of you ...

    Re the underwear it may lack the smooth oleagenous subtlety of lascivious, but lecherous (possibly with a modifier) may more acurately convey the sentiment you intended (viz - and in a harmless sense - you are subtly sexy and sinuous - disembodied underwear is either nothing or pervy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, well that's the last time I mention lingerie on my blog.

    IM ~ behave!

    cogidubnus ~ ummm....not quite sure how you came to that conclusion, it was rather a good picture of my back. Behave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that mixing tenses IM?

    "Ing looked at Roses lasciviously"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:28 pm

    I am beginning to get a bit worried about you lot...I really am.

    Is that why people say they can't wait to see the back of me? It's my best feature?

    ;-P''''

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...