Thursday, November 16, 2006

Scent of Earl Grey

Today, I had a rubbish day at work. One of the things I'm discovering about working for NHSD, is that nothing ever happens by halves. It was a really rubbish day. As in I started work at 7 am and by 8 am I had my first expected death. Expected deaths are what they say on the tin. It was an elderly person with a terminal illness, whose relatives respected her wish to let her die at home. I heard the grief in his tightly controlled voice and I couldn't type, I couldn't think.

The best part of today was coming home, getting changed and chatting to new friends on-line. Virtual friends, but friends all the same. We talked about stuff and lots of it. Tomorrow, I'll work on my dissertation and prose and then the weekend and more friends, this time in the real world. I might have had a shite day, but I've had a lovely evening. I can't help but feel that yes, life might not be quite going according to plan, but it's all good.

5 comments:

  1. It must be a... job alright.
    (seems like any twenty of five hundred words would fit in there)

    Virtual friends can be surprisingly real, but they have a nasty habit of never sharing the food or drink that they always seem to have :)

    I am glad to hear that life is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:16 am

    Yeah, it's the job. If I could figure out a way of earning money with out the hassle, I'd be rich. Actually, doubley so, especially after I write the How-to Book.

    You guys are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:32 am

    You're not so bad y'self (((hug)))
    :~) In the whole "fab" stakes, i think you're up there with the Ice lolly somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, she must mean that, too. Dianne as never struck me as one of those "random huggers" ;)

    Roses sure is awfully good at this whole making people feel good thing :) And I haven't even bought any sparkly new eye shadow! ;)

    She's right too :) I love the li'l community of great people around 'here'. Even drugged-up Ing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An Iced Lolly?! Compliments indeed. Awwww you guys are the best.

    *group hugs*

    PS. A random hugger? What a person who wanders around launching themselves at strangers? Or is it those furry purple arms in that Cuppa Soup ad? Either way I think that sounds like Ing needs to arrest them toute suite!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...