Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bad Hair Day

You know when your working day starts in darkness with the bus being late and ends in darkness with the bus being late, that a hug and a glass of something alcoholic is called for to help deal with the trauma of the bits in the middle. Thankfully, I got both.

To those people who perpetrated the poisoning against the Russian Spy ~ I curse you with that most ancient and dangerous of curses: may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits and genital areas. I hope it rots and drops off.

I go into work with feint hopes that all will be well. Yeah right. Three BA planes grounded, potentially 36,000 people advised by BA to get in touch with us for further information. *sigh*. The only problem was, our callers knew more about what was going on because they could watch the news and could catch the hourly updates. BA had completely forgotten to tell NHSD that they were palming off their customers onto us and guess what? We didn't know what was going on and there were no procedures to handle yet more enquiries, and no extra staff to deal with them either. And boy, were their customers a right stroppy bunch.

Tomorrow, I've got to do it all again. I keep telling myself it could be worse. I could be selling insurance.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:11 pm

    Oh my Roses, i do feel for you.

    I'm glad you know how to relax :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!

    And fly Virgin next time.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:47 pm

    IM ~ do you know, I never asked at the interview.

    Dianne ~ yep, a hug from boy, chat and virtual hug from ing and a glass of something naughty and I was fine(ish) again.

    Ing ~ I'm still hanging. Thanks for the morale support.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...