Monday, October 09, 2006

Typical Monday

Yet another whinge I'm afraid. I'd suggest you click on the links at the side of my blog, I'd recommend Slip of the Tongue or The Big Side Order, if you'd prefer a non-whinging blogging experience.

Today was Monday. I could tell because I turned up at the agreed pick-up point at 8.25, bought a sarnie and waited 10 mins. I waited by myself. I rang a couple of numbers. Apparently, the agreed pick-up time was 8.10, they had waited 15 mins for me and then gone on the the Ambulance Centre. *sigh*. I then had to leggit into the city to catch the Number 28. Half-way there I stopped and phoned the trainers to let them know I was going to be late. Fortunately, they forgave me and were really lovely. Thanks to the Number 28 turning up just as I reached the bus stop, I was only 20 minutes late. How to impress your employers - not.

The training was great, we got to play with the computer system all day, learning the best way to key in more and more complicated symptoms. In each pod (call centre speak for desk with chair, PC and phone) there is a file with need-to-know information, including a sheet on Christmas Specials. It's a sheet dedicated to the things people are likely to ingest. Wrapping paper, sellotape, tinsel, decorations, baubles and glow sticks. There's also a section for foliage.

The scary thing is that people must have tried to eat this stuff for it to be on the list. I mean, how drunk would you have to get, to look at a 6 inch glow stick and think 'yummy'? For the record exchange as many kisses as you can get under the mistletoe; under no circumstances eat it. Otherwise you'll get through to me.

1 comment:

  1. lol, actually i did whinge about my computer recently but thanks for the traffic :~)

    I will try and avoid ingesting anything not naturally meant for the digestive system this season (I didn't see my sisters roast potatoes on your list anywhere!)Who eats glow sticks and thinks they're ~ what?! lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...