Sunday, October 08, 2006

Nothing About Buses

Don't worry, this post won't be a complete whinge. It's just: I habe a cowd. I just needed to share that. So while the rest of you were enjoying your weekend, getting bladdered with your mates, the only thing I was necking back was the ibuprofen. You might have guessed I don't subscribe to the School of Stiff Upper Lips or I'm Dying and I Thought I'd Come into Work and Share my Germs. I like to stay in bed with a cup of tea, drugs, lots of drugs and a box of tissues. Check this out for a proper way to have an ill. Anna is all I aspire to be.

As I am now paid by the hour and I'm working with nurses and other medical people, I've got to turn up. If ever you're feeling a little bit poorly with a cold, a nurse is the last person you'll get sympathy from. They've seen it all that day/week/year and are probably fighting off the 'flu courtesy of one of their patients. Mind you, if you're really poorly, or upset, they are fabulous. Anyway, I'm not that poorly. I've been shovelling out the flat today. Mind you, if I didn't boy would be going starkers to school tomorrow and Env Health would've shut my kitchen down. It's tough being a grown-up.

3 comments:

  1. I like being ill. I adopt the kind of sprawled posture usually associated with drunk former child-stars. Anything more than a pathetic stretch away isn't in the scene. And it must be raining. And Miss Marple should be on TV.

    Oooo, can't wait to be ill now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read and re-read the "i habe a cowd" statement before i finally laughed out loud to myself. Oh dear, is there hope for me?

    I'm with you on the cup of tea, bed and tissues.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I suspected, I got more sympathy on-line than I did at work. I sniffed forlornly, whimpered and no-one took any notice of me.

    At least you care. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...