Thursday, October 05, 2006

Participation

In the first part of the week I had to defend my pursuit of this project to my tutors, I had to come up with some intelligent and informed arguments why this project would be worthy of submission for my degree. Well, never mind. I found myself in both meetings stuttering as I tried to argue for the inclusion of this blog in my assessment. It's been exactly like an argument I've had with friends and family; days afterwards waking up in the middle of the night, springing up in bed with my index finger at the ready to point out all of the relevant issues that I missed during the actual fight.

This blog is about participation, a big issue that artists in galleries grapple with quite a lot of the time. Punters in a gallery setting especially, are often afraid to push the buttons that say 'push', or laugh or even to have fun with the piece. While this is not even close to the finished piece, it's still part of it, and in whatever form my submission will take in May, it will have been influenced by the comments and feedback that I will have got from you, my readers, my fellow travellers.

So perhaps over the next couple of weeks while I'm trying to come to grips with my new job, you'll do some thinking on my behalf.
  • What would you like to see on this site?
  • What are your experiences with travelling that changed your perspective on life? and would you be willing to share them with the wider world? Obviously being Anonymous is fine, but it would be great to be able to put names to stories.

I'd really appreciate it if you would take some time and bear those questions in mind. Technology and time permitting, I will try and follow up your suggestions. And of course, I'll let you know when my degree show is happening and you'll be more than welcome to come and have a giggle at my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...