Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bus Groupie

Yesterday I made contact with a bus driver who's just passed his test and has been blogging throughout the process. He's very kindly agreed to put a link to my site, which is just great. Thanks Jimmy. We had a brief exchange of e-mails and he wrote:

I was introduced to a woman who spends all day on various buses, she's known as a bus groupie, we dropped her off and low and behold, we pick her up again half an hour later, bless her, totally harmless, just lonely.

I'm a bus groupie! So all the bus drivers on the Number 25 think I'm sad and lonely. Excellent. The next time I go around the route, I'll have to flash my student ID with a letter from my CP tutor. Think they'll believe me?

Me neither.

6 comments:

  1. ah ha, that will be me then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roses.

    In answer to your comment on my blog thingy, we have taken delivery of 10 low floor buses to do a new route known as the 'Pulse' it runs every ten minutes.

    We have about another 60 odd buses that have seen better days ( one I know has seen Hailies commet twice)

    Generaly the buses are reasonable, each has it's own way of working which makes them indiveduals and after the bashing they get on out roads I'm surprised that 99% of theat buse returns to the depot sometimes.

    I have had a glimpse at an eco bus, very very nice, super smooth, 7 cameras fitted as standard and I'm not sure, but could be dual fueled.
    not a sharp corner insight, lovely.
    (bet I don't get near one).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:57 pm

    Hullo Jimmy.

    Yep, that was you.

    Buses that have seen Hailies Comet twice? Shouldn't they be in a museum? I just know that I've really felt for some of the drivers on the rat runs with these knackered buses.

    So what is that knocking noise in the back under the seats every time a gear is changed? It make the whole bus shake, it's very disconcerting. That's why I'm sticking to the University run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi roses
    I have put a link to this blog on my blog. One more bus driver to add to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome justajob and thank you. It's very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So does 2 bus drivers count as a collection?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...